Is Jovetic striker or midfielder ?

Firasdo said:
We couldn't sign Isco who is an attacking midfielder, so will Jovetic fill that position ?
Yes.

I wouldn't call him a midfielder, much like Navas isn't. He's a forward, but certainly not a striker. He has played up front, he may well have even done well there, but he was it filling in for Fiore when they were short of strikers. In a 4231 his position is either left or central in the 3. If we're playing him as a striker it will be if Agüero and Guidetti are injured and Džeko and Negredo are suspended.

He's not a striker, like Lescott isn't a left back or like Richards isn't a centre back - they can play in those positions and may even play well there but they aren't players of that position.

There will be five players playing for three positions in a 4231 very often next season: Jovetić Silva Navas Nasri and Milner. There will be combinations of all of them in different games.

Guys its settled! he just said in his interview that he prefers playing behind the striker. He also says that he can play as a striker or left wing.

With jovetic more than likely playing more centrally it doesn't bode we'll for edin. In my opinion edin is best when he is starting everyweek (start of 11/12) so with jovetic aguero Negrado and himself all fighting for starting spots it will be tough for him. I know we have 60 games and need every player but unless dzeko is a regular starter we won't see the best of him and will get the performances of last season.

Watched a fair bit of him on tv, think he is a great player and very tactically aware, able to switch roles within a game. Can see him and Silva exploiting this in games by switching between left and centre. Think he will play left of a three or behind and just of the main forward. I know he is left footed, but when I first saw him I wasn't sure if he was left or right footed. He is very strong on his right. A lot of his goals seemed to be scored coming in from the left onto his right foot

He does not play the out and out striker role - he is more the type that sits behind the striker in an advanced attacking midfield role, he is not a prolific goal scorer but has the ability to win a game with a piece of outstanding link up play or an individual bit of brilliance

He models his game on Totti who was his idol whilst learning his trade in Italy - and he has the ability to become better imo

We have a great player on our hands who is hungry and determined to succeed, and that is what we require

It seems he is a striker when play 2 striker and play central midfield when team play with lone striker.

So, it depends on formation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.