Is Jovetic striker or midfielder ?

He said in his interview he can play as a striker, a winger or behind the striker, and said he preferred playing behind the striker of the three.

I think it'll be hard to lock 2 players into 1 role except for winger or out and out striker.

Central striker------- Negrado, Dzeko, Aguero
Roaming forward---- Aguero, Jovetic, Nasri, Silva
Pure winger---------- Navas, Salvio (if its true that we are in for him), Milner
Roaming midfielder-- Silva, Nasri, Jovetic
Midfield 2 from------- Yaya, Fernandinho, Rodwell, Milner, Garcia, Barry

It'll be a very interesting start of the season. Has anyone even figured out our formation under Pellegrini yet? I thought we'd tell from the friendlies but I'm not sure. Seems to me to be a 4231?

Can't wait to see all the new guys on the field together.

blightee said:
If he plays centrally then dzeko must be leaving, we can't play Jovetic inbehind Aguero and leave negredo and dzeko both on the bench
Unless aguero is going to play wide?

Why not? I don't think Dzeko is good enough and he'll prove that to Pellegrini. Negredo would probably come off the bench in most games and start in the cup games which we are expected to go deep in both and probably start in the PL games that coenside in the week of CL games.

Jovetic has to play as the #10 to get his best. He's a very good target man, much better than Dzeko and Aguero and to put him out left would negate that part of his game which would take it out of the teams game unless Negredo is in the game.

Dumfries Dave said:
I honestly think Dzeko will start next year as a regular although I'm maybe in the minority.

This lad (although I've not really seen him) sounds the part. Exciting times.
Yup, this has Jovetic-Dzeko partneship written all over it.

I think jovetic will be on the left behind aguero with negredo and dzeko on the bench ? think dzeko might leave

TonyM said:
I think it'll be hard to lock 2 players into 1 role except for winger or out and out striker.

Central striker------- Negrado, Dzeko, Aguero
Roaming forward---- Aguero, Jovetic, Nasri, Silva
Pure winger---------- Navas, Salvio (if its true that we are in for him), Milner
Roaming midfielder-- Silva, Nasri, Jovetic
Midfield 2 from------- Yaya, Fernandinho, Rodwell, Milner, Garcia, Barry

It'll be a very interesting start of the season. Has anyone even figured out our formation under Pellegrini yet? I thought we'd tell from the friendlies but I'm not sure. Seems to me to be a 4231?

Can't wait to see all the new guys on the field together.

Pellegrini is more likely to play with a 4-2-3-1 formation, at least he played like that at Malaga.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.