Is Kolarov the weak link?

Italian Manc said:
Lucky13 said:
Feed the Elk said:
On fire tonight, glad to see him stuffing coleman's words down his throat

What did he say?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/coleman-hits-back-over-style-slur-8125425.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footbal ... 25425.html</a>

Chris Coleman today warned Aleksandar Kolarov that he should be more focused on the challenge of facing Gareth Bale than commenting on the Wales style of play.

Manchester City full-back Kolarov accused British teams of favouring a long-ball approach following Serbia’s 0-0 draw with Scotland on Saturday.

Ahead of tonight’s World Cup qualifier in Novi Sad, Coleman said: “If that’s his opinion, that’s up to him. How much has he seen of us? Has he watched all our games?

“It will be up to us that we keep Mr Kolarov busy. If Gareth plays on his side he’ll have to concentrate hard on his own style of play rather than worrying about us or Scotland or Ireland.”

Wales, who are missing the injured Craig Bellamy, Wayne Hennessey and Neil Taylor, have not scored in their previous five games.

Tottenham winger Bale is likely to pose their biggest goal threat and Coleman said: “They will double-up on him, use different tactics than they normally would to stop him. It’s clever and it’ll happen here. It’s nothing new for Gareth.”

Oh dear.

Lucky13 said:
Italian Manc said:
Lucky13 said:
What did he say?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/coleman-hits-back-over-style-slur-8125425.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footbal ... 25425.html</a>

Chris Coleman today warned Aleksandar Kolarov that he should be more focused on the challenge of facing Gareth Bale than commenting on the Wales style of play.

Manchester City full-back Kolarov accused British teams of favouring a long-ball approach following Serbia’s 0-0 draw with Scotland on Saturday.

Ahead of tonight’s World Cup qualifier in Novi Sad, Coleman said: “If that’s his opinion, that’s up to him. How much has he seen of us? Has he watched all our games?

“It will be up to us that we keep Mr Kolarov busy. If Gareth plays on his side he’ll have to concentrate hard on his own style of play rather than worrying about us or Scotland or Ireland.”

Wales, who are missing the injured Craig Bellamy, Wayne Hennessey and Neil Taylor, have not scored in their previous five games.

Tottenham winger Bale is likely to pose their biggest goal threat and Coleman said: “They will double-up on him, use different tactics than they normally would to stop him. It’s clever and it’ll happen here. It’s nothing new for Gareth.”

Oh dear.

I've just mentioned that in the England thread. Hopefully Jose has a few words to say about him !

Those who closed out the season are those Mancini trusts more, but if AK is the weakest link, we've one he'll of a chain. Not had such competition at left back since Bobby McDonald came. :-)

Yes, Kolarov isnt good enough - but the real 'weak link' is the highly overrated Lescott. Yet again his 'mistake a game' has cost a goal - this time for England. He is so ungainly and clumsy on the ball, has no first touch or vision whatsoever. Constantly has to play a negative ball even when given time with it. It hampers forward play and creates uncertainty amongst his fellow defenders.
I find it so frustrating that he trusts Harts ability to 'hoof the ball' over his own!
Highly limited in his ability, he is never a top four footballer, never mind international quality. I've banged on about our priority to replace him with a ball playing centre half - but just get called 'rag' for stating the bleeding obvious. It will cost us and England......................

ANY1aBLUE said:
Yes, Kolarov isnt good enough - but the real 'weak link' is the highly overrated Lescott. Yet again his 'mistake a game' has cost a goal - this time for England. He is so ungainly and clumsy on the ball, has no first touch or vision whatsoever. Constantly has to play a negative ball even when given time with it. It hampers forward play and creates uncertainty amongst his fellow defenders.
I find it so frustrating that he trusts Harts ability to 'hoof the ball' over his own!
Highly limited in his ability, he is never a top four footballer, never mind international quality. I've banged on about our priority to replace him with a ball playing centre half - but just get called 'rag' for stating the bleeding obvious. It will cost us and England......................
i suppose Zinedine's three easy chances didn't cost England, or the fact they can't pass the ball to one other and keep it away from the opposition, or picking players who have had half a dozen reasonable games in the prem, or Wellshit missing from seven yards when facing the goal didn't cost England tonight though?

ANY1aBLUE said:
He is probably one of the worst players when in possession and with time in the Prem.

He is probably one of the best defenders in the Prem if you strictly focus on his defensive abilities.

Clearly Mancini trusts him and so does Kompany. Nastasic already has according to reporters etc the technical ability so if he learns the defensive arts he will ultimately replace Lescott.

For now, nothing needs to be changed.

ANY1aBLUE said:
What a stupid comment

ANY1aBLUE said:

What an absolute crock of shite

ANY1aBLUE said:

Puddled...

CTID101 said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
He is probably one of the worst players when in possession and with time in the Prem.

He is probably one of the best defenders in the Prem if you strictly focus on his defensive abilities.

Clearly Mancini trusts him and so does Kompany. Nastasic already has according to reporters etc the technical ability so if he learns the defensive arts he will ultimately replace Lescott.

For now, nothing needs to be changed.

i think nastasic will bench lescott starting from next game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.