Is Kolarov the weak link?

Mancio said:
CTID101 said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Yes, Kolarov isnt good enough - but the real 'weak link' is the highly overrated Lescott. Yet again his 'mistake a game' has cost a goal - this time for England. He is so ungainly and clumsy on the ball, has no first touch or vision whatsoever. Constantly has to play a negative ball even when given time with it. It hampers forward play and creates uncertainty amongst his fellow defenders.
I find it so frustrating that he trusts Harts ability to 'hoof the ball' over his own!
Highly limited in his ability, he is never a top four footballer, never mind international quality. I've banged on about our priority to replace him with a ball playing centre half - but just get called 'rag' for stating the bleeding obvious. It will cost us and England......................
He is probably one of the worst players when in possession and with time in the Prem.

He is probably one of the best defenders in the Prem if you strictly focus on his defensive abiliti
Clearly Mancini trusts him and so does Kompany. Nastasic already has according to reporters etc the technical ability so if he learns the defensive arts he will ultimately replace Lescott.

For now, nothing needs to be changed.

i think nastasic will bench lescott starting from next game

Really ? We play Stoke on Saturday away do u really think that would b a good place 2 blood a 19 year old who as never played in this country against the long throws etc.....

Mancio said:
CTID101 said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Yes, Kolarov isnt good enough - but the real 'weak link' is the highly overrated Lescott. Yet again his 'mistake a game' has cost a goal - this time for England. He is so ungainly and clumsy on the ball, has no first touch or vision whatsoever. Constantly has to play a negative ball even when given time with it. It hampers forward play and creates uncertainty amongst his fellow defenders.
I find it so frustrating that he trusts Harts ability to 'hoof the ball' over his own!
Highly limited in his ability, he is never a top four footballer, never mind international quality. I've banged on about our priority to replace him with a ball playing centre half - but just get called 'rag' for stating the bleeding obvious. It will cost us and England......................
He is probably one of the worst players when in possession and with time in the Prem.

He is probably one of the best defenders in the Prem if you strictly focus on his defensive abilities.

Clearly Mancini trusts him and so does Kompany. Nastasic already has according to reporters etc the technical ability so if he learns the defensive arts he will ultimately replace Lescott.

absolute nonsense

Jack74 said:
Mancio said:
CTID101 said:

He is probably one of the best defenders in the Prem if you strictly focus on his defensive abiliti

Really ? We play Stoke on Saturday away do u really think that would b a good place 2 blood a 19 year old who as never played in this country against the long throws etc.....

every place is good for bench lescott , IMO

Kolarov was one of the best players for Serbia tonight. The assist he made for Tosic's goal was ridiculous heart and desire on show. Literally had no right to stay on his feet never mind cut it back for Tosic to tap in.

I think you see a different Kolarov play for Serbia. One who is more attack minded, the one who was so good bombing forward for Lazio - I don't know why we don't see that same Kolarov for City. Is it tactics?

One thing I will say about him is his football brain and passing is very overlooked. His passing into feet is very sharp, and the overlaps and cut backs that he does show his football brain.

His biggest problem is not getting back into position, and being disciplined defensively. However, I don't think it's fair to call him a weak link because at the end of the day he definitely offers an attacking threat. Something will always happen with him in an offensive sense.

lets make simple

kolarov is a LB with more attacking, crossing and free kicks ability his main weakness is positioning it's a bit like marcelo

which mean he would be good and useful depending of the team you are playing against and style you are trying; i think ( i am not sure ) he could do better in a 3 5 2 formation than in a normal one

Jack74 said:
Mancio said:
CTID101 said:

Don't talk sense.

mansour's tow ropes said:
Mancio said:
CTID101 said:

He is probably one of the best defenders in the Prem if you strictly focus on his defensive abilities.

absolute nonsense

Really? Let's liaise again when/if we get to the knockout stage of the CL....................and why was Mancini so keen to buy a world class CB over the summer? And why did he experiment with playing x3 CB's? AND WHY DOES HE HAVE TO PLAY WITH TWO HOLDING MIDFIELD PLAYERS?
He doesnt trust Lescott is why. Nothing to do with the full backs.
Lescott is a pretty good Premiership CB - no more, no less. He is not international quality and no longer good enough to be our 1st choice CB either.

mansour's tow ropes said:
Mancio said:
CTID101 said:

absolute nonsense

Agreed, Lescott was fantastic last season, and again this.

According to Any1ablue, Mancini bases his entire team selection and transfer policy around protecting/replacing Lescott. Right-o.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.