Is Kolarov the weak link?

city 'til i cry said:
His crossing from open play was very poor, in the first half he had two golden chances to cross and hit the first defender.

He continues to frustrate, Clichy if fit should start.
The curling pass he put through for Silva in the 1st half was breath-taking. If Silva had scored that it would have been a contender for goal of the month based purely on the quality of the assist alone

He was fortunate that Foy (of all refs) was lenient with him yesterday. He got a daft yellow card, then later on he made two very hard challenges. It could be argued that he was trying to pull out of the one on Ferdinand; fair enough. However, he made a very similar challenge later on, which I'm not 100% convinced he did try to avoid. I was surprised therefore, considering the woeful game that Foy was having, that AK didn't get his walking papers. He is marginally a better player going forward than Clichy, but he isn't as good a defender.

bowdonblue said:
I think so.

He didn't pick up his man for both the Liverpool goals, and same against for the QPR goal yesterday.

He loses concentration too easily.

Defensively he is not as good as Clichy offensively he is better than Clichy - depends what you want from your full backs i guess

Personally he could easily have been given a red yesterday - once of his tackles was better suited to Twickenham than the Ethiad

Personally i like my full back to be defenders first and foremost in a 4 2 3 1 type formation especially when you look at the front 4 plus Yaya

Clicjy for me all day however AK aint a bad player just prone to the odd lapses of madness

grim up north said:
city 'til i cry said:
His crossing from open play was very poor, in the first half he had two golden chances to cross and hit the first defender.

He continues to frustrate, Clichy if fit should start.

2 crosses wow, are we going to slag zab, silva, nasri, tevez who were also guilty of same offence

Not 'slagging' just an observation that with better crosses, the strongest part of his game, we are out of sight at half time and not hanging on at the end.

It's hard criticise the others you mention as they had all round better games in my opinion.

I wouldn't say so. Clichy is the better player but Kolarov is still a great option to have. Don't think Mancini would play him if he was so bad/a weak link.

Kolarov is below the skill standard of the rest of the squad.
He is lucky he was not sent off yesterday and left his team short.
A powerfull left foot is not enough if you haven't got a right foot.
I'm certain City can do better. Clichy is 5 times the player.

Liverpool? The first wasnt his fault, some turd had decided to shove him on their biggest threat in the air.... swap him with clichy in that situation and fuck all difference would have been made and the second was a free kick, yesterday he played well and the goal wasnt his fault.

dctid said:
bowdonblue said:
I think so.

He didn't pick up his man for both the Liverpool goals, and same against for the QPR goal yesterday.

Defensively he is not as good as Clichy offensively he is better than Clichy - depends what you want from your full backs i guess

Personally he could easily have been given a red yesterday - once of his tackles was better suited to Twickenham than the Ethiad

Personally i like my full back to be defenders first and foremost in a 4 2 3 1 type formation especially when you look at the front 4 plus Yaya

Clicjy for me all day however AK aint a bad player just prone to the odd lapses of madness

losing his man for the first liverpool goal and letting zamora have a free run on goal are just lapses of madness and say nothing on how good of a player he is?

Unless its for fitness reasons it's ridiculous to start kolorov over clichy. I keep saying it, our second choice full backs are miles behind our first.

grim up north said:
bowdonblue said:
I think so.

no

i could have sworn liverpools second was a free kick, i suppose he could of ran out of the wall and twatted Suarez before he took it

Just like he did to Anton and Ned!

I think Kolarov doesn't have too many defensive genes in his DNA. He is quite an exciting footballer going forward and each time he bombs down the flank with or without the ball I fancy there might be something on the end of it, but he doesn't have the notion of 'ils ne passeront pas' in his repertoire, or whatever they say in Serbo-Croat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.