Is Kolarov the weak link?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4535159/Aleksandar-Kolarov-Im-ready-for-Ronaldo.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... naldo.html</a>

ANY1aBLUE said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
Mancio said:
i think nastasic will bench lescott starting from next game

absolute nonsense

Really? Let's liaise again when/if we get to the knockout stage of the CL....................and why was Mancini so keen to buy a world class CB over the summer? And why did he experiment with playing x3 CB's? AND WHY DOES HE HAVE TO PLAY WITH TWO HOLDING MIDFIELD PLAYERS?
He doesnt trust Lescott is why. Nothing to do with the full backs.
Lescott is a pretty good Premiership CB - no more, no less. He is not international quality and no longer good enough to be our 1st choice CB either.

What the fuck? if we are so in need of a centre back why did we not buy a bigger name than a 19 year old kid?

bluefoever said:
In my humble opinion, the one I'm worried about most is Joe Hart. He's been quite shaky lately and most of the goals against City were preventable. Id like to see Panti against Stoke, to give JH something to think about .

Panti would be a good choice for Stoke just for his size in the penalty area when dealing with corners and throw ins but but Mancini will keep Hart in net for most games

I thought his defending last night was good. Definitely didn't get annihilated like most on here thought would happen.

To begin with he was poor, but in the last 20 minutes he was good and came up with the goods - which is something he can always do. Deliver that cross, shot or set-piece.

He even skinned a man, which needs to have a GIF to show it.

He did some things well last night annsone poorly but overall he was ok. I thought we played better when he and Dzeko came on.

Silva and nasri not in the game enough last night and it was too early for Barry and too big a game. His half hearted challenge on di Maria led to their equaliser.

Zabaleta was poor when he came on

Kun Aguero said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
absolute nonsense

Really? Let's liaise again when/if we get to the knockout stage of the CL....................and why was Mancini so keen to buy a world class CB over the summer? And why did he experiment with playing x3 CB's? AND WHY DOES HE HAVE TO PLAY WITH TWO HOLDING MIDFIELD PLAYERS?
He doesnt trust Lescott is why. Nothing to do with the full backs.
Lescott is a pretty good Premiership CB - no more, no less. He is not international quality and no longer good enough to be our 1st choice CB either.

What the fuck? if we are so in need of a centre back why did we not buy a bigger name than a 19 year old kid?
cause this kids got talent...why would mancini have started with him instead if lescott?? I'm sorry but I expect nastasic to become a regular starter in the coming weeks..lescott is still a good defender though but as was said before a good premiership player...

I believe you are very spoiled if you think that Kolarov is weak link. He is an old fashioned wing back, can cover whole left side, but ofcourse nees help in doing so. In 4-4-2 with Kolarov and Maicon they are weak spots in defence, but they give big quality to attacking part of the game. Its up to Mancini to make it work both ways.

If you think of the best rb's and lb's in the world, you'll see that most of them are weaker in defence: Lahm, Maicon, Alves, Alba, Baines, Schmelzer,...would you agree that Cafu was one of the 3 best rb's ever? He was also weaker in defence.

On the other hand, Clichy is a player for which most of the football lovers will say that he is an average player (ask and see), with minimum of offensive potential. You can always put Lescott and Nastasic on lb and get almost the same, even better.

SlauterPFK said:
I believe you are very spoiled if you think that Kolarov is weak link. He is an old fashioned wing back, can cover whole left side, but ofcourse nees help in doing so. In 4-4-2 with Kolarov and Maicon they are weak spots in defence, but they give big quality to attacking part of the game. Its up to Mancini to make it work both ways.

If you think of the best rb's and lb's in the world, you'll see that most of them are weaker in defence: Lahm, Maicon, Alves, Alba, Baines, Schmelzer,...would you agree that Cafu was one of the 3 best rb's ever? He was also weaker in defence.

On the other hand, Clichy is a player for which most of the football lovers will say that he is an average player (ask and see), with minimum of offensive potential. You can always put Lescott and Nastasic on lb and get almost the same, even better.
I disagree. Frankly, I think Clichy is perfect in a back 3 with Kolarov in front of him.

One quick statistic detail:

Kolarov played 157 pro games,scored 15 goals
Clichy played 304 games, scored 2 goals

unfortunately cant find stats for Kolarov's assists, Clichy had 12.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.