Is left back really a problem?

Imagine if we signed both Messi and Alaba for free in the summer, and maybe Haaland on top of that. The piss boiling among rival fans would be unreal
What would make this even better is if we finish the season as the best and most successful PL club (this season). I think the "piss boiling" would be even more intense when you do it on the back of an amazing season.

Mendy is hopeless; Zinchenko is not someone I like to see starting unless it's just to fill the squad; Laporte can fill the spot defensively and is a good passer, but certainly is not a wingback; it strike me that Ake is similar to Laporte in this respect.

We can make do at LB given squad depth - so not a huge problem per se; however, a class left wingback would add to our side.

Best option, to me, is Gaya from valencia. Shouldn't cost too much - valencia is a shambolic team.

Other options are theo hernandez, grimaldo, digne if he's available (though I doubt). Wouldn't go back for tagliafico - not the right age for us. Can't really think of anyone else.

With Dortmunds current predicament, I wonder if we would look at going to Dortmund and offering for Guerreiro.

He is on a bit of a down year but Dortmund as a whole are. Similar player to Cancelo in that he is forward thinking, comfortable in midfield positions and defensively he can improve but Pep can work his magic on him.

Comparisons this year;
1612964993952.png
1612965010659.png
1612965031840.png

Pretty clear to see the 'attacking' stats are still pretty damn good despite the year Dortmund are having.

Ake and Laporte are fine covering left-back in fact it may be the only way Ake gets regular game time. Is Couto good enough to back up Cancelo and learn the role?

Ake and Laporte are fine covering left-back in fact it may be the only way Ake gets regular game time. Is Couto good enough to back up Cancelo and learn the role?
Plays very little for Girona. 659 minutes all season for them, which equals just over 7 full games. No idea why we didn’t recall him and send him somewhere else

Mendy is hopeless; Zinchenko is not someone I like to see starting unless it's just to fill the squad; Laporte can fill the spot defensively and is a good passer, but certainly is not a wingback; it strike me that Ake is similar to Laporte in this respect.

We can make do at LB given squad depth - so not a huge problem per se; however, a class left wingback would add to our side.
Mendy is like a cardboard cut out offers zero to the team .we need a quality left back is a must.

How much longer can we keep saying "fine covering left back"?

I await the Delph and Zinchenko = Prem titles comments but seriously, we could go up a level if we got a good LB in.

Couto is a RB, Girona has been a huge learning curve for him, he will be loaned again I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.