Is left back really a problem?

I was ok as Mendy as a backup to Zin but now I think we need one be it a back up to Zin or direct competition.

Last edited:
He is now, but previously was he not on bail, and broke the conditions of his bail, indeed he allegedly committed another sexual crime.
The bail related charge was dropped at the first court hearing, so nothing will come from the breach of bail conditions.

I was ok as Mendy as a backup to Zin but now I think we need one be it a back up to Zin or direct competition.

We should go and get a competitor IMO. My feeling is that Zinny will come out on top in a battle for his place in the XI against almost anyone.

When I watched the youth team towards end of last season a left back called Juan Larios stood out to me he looked class for a young lad .. anyone who has seen more of him than I have do you think he will get some minutes in the cup etc or is he miles off in his development ?

And for what it’s worth I honestly think we are stronger for not having mendy around an absolute car crash of a player who was targeted at every opportunity

A post more about rotation than left back but maybe we don't need one.
I've been saying we need a new left back for a while but shouldn't 3 players be enough to cover 2 full back positions?

Week 1- walker and cancelo
Week 2 - walker and zinchenko
Week 3 - Cancelo and zinchenko

I know there are injuries and tactics to consider but in theory, 3 players for 2 positions would mean each player playing 67% of games. That should give them enough rest to perform at their best when needed.

A post more about rotation than left back but maybe we don't need one.
I've been saying we need a new left back for a while but shouldn't 3 players be enough to cover 2 full back positions?

Week 1- walker and cancelo
Week 2 - walker and zinchenko
Week 3 - Cancelo and zinchenko

I know there are injuries and tactics to consider but in theory, 3 players for 2 positions would mean each player playing 67% of games. That should give them enough rest to perform at their best when needed.

the problem with cancelo is you need to keep playing him when hes playing well? If he has a few games on the bench he comes back and seems to lose his mojo?

When I watched the youth team towards end of last season a left back called Juan Larios stood out to me he looked class for a young lad .. anyone who has seen more of him than I have do you think he will get some minutes in the cup etc or is he miles off in his development ?

And for what it’s worth I honestly think we are stronger for not having mendy around an absolute car crash of a player who was targeted at every opportunity
The lad is a serious talent but has only just got into the EDS give it time, in Zinchenko we have a fabulous left back but not a left wing back, we could use Cancelo but one injury would exposes us, still like you i am glad Mendy is not around as Pep would play him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.