Is left back really a problem?

The main issue is central defence. If they go forward Walker must stay back. Mendy defends well when told to defend and not attack in my opinion. A long term partner for a fully fit Laporte please.

I've watched City ever since 1958 and have seen them all and have seen some really fine players amongst them but to name one who would be ideal in the present game would take some thought but if I had to plump for one who would be near enough an automatic choice, I'd choose Paul Power.

Is the OP a Wum??

obviously LB is a problem, our first choice LB is injury prone and inconsistent. Our second choice LB is a midfielder that is being played out of position, Zinchenko is neither good at attacking nor good at defending. Yes he knock the ball around a bit but that’s all.

Leftback is a major problem.

Yes left back is a problem. Mendy is such a hit or miss player for us that a proper left back is essential this summer. Tagliafico would be perfect competition for Mendy, and allows Zinchenko to play in midfield. Zinchenko is way too slow and poor defensively to continue to be our second option there. Mendy needs to feel real pressure from a proper LB and hopefully that will screw his head on better. I love me some Mendy, but man it’s hard to find excuses for him anymore.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.