Is left back really a problem?

You're right, he's much worse than crap
Mendy is struggling at the moment. The howler against Chelsea epitomised this. After a long lay off he's not match fit. I'm not a Mendy apologist, I see his faults to but within himself he still has the ability and hopefully the drive(choice is his) to progress and become a fine footballer. Maybe he'd be better as an out and out left winger when Sane leaves ?

I don't think Benjamin Mendy can stutter at LB much longer though, but rather than write him off as "wank" I for one am prepared to give him another full season, then we'll know if he is worth keeping. Bit too soon to write him of now as injury has prevented him thus far from having a solid run of fitness and games.

Mendy like Walker is a push and run footballer with no footballing brain, at least Zinchenko has the ability to hold the ball and find solutions, sadly let down at times by his forwards.
There are girls on my daughter's U9 football team like that. Super athletic but it is like their brain is in their arse and it just fell out at the start of the match.

I suppose extremely athletic dummies that run down blind alleys and regularly boot the ball out of bounds turn into adults that do it.

When we started the season I thought we might be stronger than last year. We had bought a left back who Whilst I was worried about how he would do in this league I thought his stats and performances where sufficient to make him able to manage most of the teams and the buy back made him a bargain romour we beat PSG to his signature also helped.

I figured that he would play early on in the season then Mendy would come back and play like he did in previous season and then he would rotate as back up with Zinchenko depending on opposition.

It’s not long ago I was raving about Mendys runs and crossing. Mostly before his injury but even after that he has had some good games at first tho I did think he was basically broken he seemed in capable of moving I trying to work out if he was broken mentally or physically or both or if it was tactical.

I use to love Zinchenko ability on the ball and his passings.

Surely in form and free of injury these left backs would get in most teams the problem is they are not in form or free of injury and we cannot play all three.

Surely we are also not making the most of them Angelino as we can see from Germany is better as a wing back in a three Mendy maybe the same. Zinchenko needs a winger like Sane in front to break down teams and could also play a role in the middle.

So are we too negative look at our previous defensive record. Look at the positives people have said in previous seasons about all three players look at what they have won. How many mistakes have we made this season ? On the one hand it seems like every shot is a goal and so must be a big individual mistake but How many are down to the left back ? How many are even mistakes it mostly just seems like we are missing someone in the middle to break up play and that’s it’s a team problem rather than a problem with anyone player.

Will we change our tactics to use them in a more efficient way ? 3 at the back maybe ? Zinchenko in the middle? Could save us a lot of money. Goal for our owner is to be efficient and it generates good publicity as well as profit.
Paradise Lost was shorter than this.

There are girls on my daughter's U9 football team like that. Super athletic but it is like their brain is in their arse and it just fell out at the start of the match.

I suppose extremely athletic dummies that run down blind alleys and regularly boot the ball out of bounds turn into adults that do it.
I bet you make a great coach !

The issue is that there is no real decent leftback who would fit into our team. Perhaps we need to look internally into our academy or sign someone young to develop.

Mendy is struggling at the moment. The howler against Chelsea epitomised this. After a long lay off he's not match fit. I'm not a Mendy apologist, I see his faults to but within himself he still has the ability and hopefully the drive(choice is his) to progress and become a fine footballer. Maybe he'd be better as an out and out left winger when Sane leaves ?

I don't think Benjamin Mendy can stutter at LB much longer though, but rather than write him off as "wank" I for one am prepared to give him another full season, then we'll know if he is worth keeping. Bit too soon to write him of now as injury has prevented him thus far from having a solid run of fitness and games.

If you have a first team player out of form you go out and buy a back up to spur him on, problem one who is the first team player, reality is we could not sell Mendy, so it is Zincenko who has to go, that in itself is going to put pressure on who ever we buy, they are going to have to be reliable, as Mendy is not indeed my good memories of Mendy are the first couple of weeks when he arrived

QUOTE="salfordbluetrue, post: 12751962, member: 57301"]If you have a first team player out of form you go out and buy a back up to spur him on, problem one who is the first team player, reality is we could not sell Mendy, so it is Zincenko who has to go, that in itself is going to put pressure on who ever we buy, they are going to have to be reliable, as Mendy is not indeed my good memories of Mendy are the first couple of weeks when he arrived[/QUOTE]
Why bite your nose off to spite your face ?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.