Is left back really a problem?

I get we need a left back. But who would make a better backup Zin or Mendy?
Obviously Mendy.

I know everyone is annoyed with a fresh in the memory awful performance against leicester (me included) but Mendy has shown he can put in decent defensive performances (liverpool away 2 seasons ago, several last season) from time to time. Not remotely good enough for a first choice, but he'll do as back up, especially as he has less market value than Zinchenko who can offer a lot for a another team from a midfield perspective.

Zinchenko on the other hand is alright when we are on top, but he isn't a left back and should be afforded the opportunity to reestablish himself in his natural role elsewhere.

I get we need a left back. But who would make a better backup Zin or Mendy?

Ake. Otherwise by a cig papers width Zinchenko. Mendy is finished. He was never a great defender but his blistering pace and crossing was a great asset. That is now finished so we are stuck with a player that can't defend or attack.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.