Is Manchester a tough place to live in?

Another great thread? Where has this notion they are shit come from?

Seemed a good threat to put this in, seems an interesting concept

BBC News - Manchester shipping container homeless village to be built
Great idea. I wouldn't be too happy if I'd just bought a flat across the street but that's life I suppose.

I can see why some of the footballers don’t like it here

“Manchester” (the entire conurbation and surrounding countryside is considered when talking about these things) is an expensive place to live for the poor, but there’s not enough exclusive places for the rich.

but I also think some of these footballers need to get real!

Okay, the roads are a nightmare!

The city centre covers a small area and there are so many scruffs, drug dealers and homeless people in the city centre you’re only ever around the corner from them. There are also far too many cars and busy roads with far few too open squares and pedestrianised areas with relaxed seated areas or cafes and restaurants that have outside but under cover (where needed) areas.

There are far too few waterfront areas, we make almost no use of our city centre waterways and where we do it’s with tacky chain bars. What other city in the world would have a river like the Irwell running through its city centre but have it being the arse end of all the nearby buildings and somewhere nobody wants to see?

It does have to be said that the z-list-celebrity/footballer/model/prostitute/c-list-gangster/hanger-on culture and this country properly lacks class. So any of the footballers who have a bit of something about them probably look on at that and think it’s shite!

But, also, compared to most other places in the British Isles, there is a hell of a lot to do in this city and I think a lot of the footballers are too up their own arses to venture away from Prestbury and Alderley Edge to experience it.

Last edited by a moderator:
More shots fired today, this time on the MRI end of Curry Mile. Engagement party got shot up just down the road at the weekend. Two shootings in as many days in Moss Side.

Streets feel safer than what I remember as a kid but there are guns absolutely everywhere. It would be nice to put it down to the media blowing things out of proportion but it's really not and I know that for a fact.

Manchester's much nicer than it was until it isn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.