Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

Can you take empty plastic bottles through security(yes I'm helping save the planet and not being a tight ****) and fill them up once through?
Save the planet isn't an option in the airport.

We'd been in duty free for some stuff and wandered into the smoking part to buy some fags, as per official policy they refused to let me put them in my duty free bag with my aftershave & perfume and insisted that they sealed them in a separate plastic bag, apparently it's to stop you using them in the smoking area.

wife and daughter were supposed to be home tonight from the south of france, the aircraft left about 1 hour and 20 minutes late from manchester to bezier , half way to france it diverted to marseille? , no reason given , so their flight has been cancelled , no flight until saturday now, they are been given 1 nights accommodation by ryanair ,but they need to pay for the extra night , im sure they can claim it back ,will they get compensation as well and if so how much would they get ?

wife and daughter were supposed to be home tonight from the south of france, the aircraft left about 1 hour and 20 minutes late from manchester to bezier , half way to france it diverted to marseille? , no reason given , so their flight has been cancelled , no flight until saturday now, they are been given 1 nights accommodation by ryanair ,but they need to pay for the extra night , im sure they can claim it back ,will they get compensation as well and if so how much would they get ?

Highly unlikely they'll be eligible for compensation as it looks like an extraordinary circumstance, but they can claim back all reasonable costs, hotel, food, soft drinks, toiletries, clean underwear
We were delayed a few years ago and were reimbursed our expenses, but we were told the airline wouldn't refund the cost of any alcohol

Last edited:
Flew out of Manchester a couple of weeks ago, then back from Antalya yesterday, both relatively pain free, my issue though, is the cost of food/drink once they have you “locked in”, it’s fuckin scandalous, something like 13 euros for the shittiest burger at Burgerking, and people were actually queueing for the privilege!

The offerings on the plane itself were even worse, my girlfriend paid in advance for some snack box, we got a shitty little bag of nuts, a date with a nut in, a piece of apricot, with a nut in, and what can only be described as a shallow tray of water, I’d have been embarrassed to serve that to anyone.

Take your own food with you and don’t give them the satisfaction of ripping you off, wankers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.