Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

Flew out of Manchester a couple of weeks ago, then back from Antalya yesterday, both relatively pain free, my issue though, is the cost of food/drink once they have you “locked in”, it’s fuckin scandalous, something like 13 euros for the shittiest burger at Burgerking, and people were actually queueing for the privilege!

The offerings on the plane itself were even worse, my girlfriend paid in advance for some snack box, we got a shitty little bag of nuts, a date with a nut in, a piece of apricot, with a nut in, and what can only be described as a shallow tray of water, I’d have been embarrassed to serve that to anyone.

Take your own food with you and don’t give them the satisfaction of ripping you off, wankers.
Book the lounge mate, yeah it's 50 odd quid per couple but fill yer boots while in there and then snaffle some sarnies before you get the flight.

ermmm now then you hit a nerve,love a few beers then we grab the food ,water etc for the flight,might be better doing this next time
If it's just me and the Mrs then I'll always do this.
OK it's nowhere near the standard of Etihad or Emirates business class lounges at Mcr but beats queing up for a decade in a sweaty bar in T3 etc.
And we definitely get our monies worth.

If it's just me and the Mrs then I'll always do this.
OK it's nowhere near the standard of Etihad or Emirates business class lounges at Mcr but beats queing up for a decade in a sweaty bar in T3 etc.
And we definitely get our monies worth.
It's always fun watching the once a year lot in the lounges across the globe, taking massive plates of food and gulping down as much booze as possible, they always leave with bulging pockets

Check in was a bit shit today at T3.
There used to be a self bag drop system for bryan air,now it seems all check ins bar hand luggage only have to go through the same queue.
Anyway, that took an hour but fortunately we had security fast pass so could meet up with @RadcliffeRick for a few freebies in the lounge :-).
Went to shit after that(not your fault Rick),currently sat on the tarmac delayed for 2 hours and some spoilt brat has decided she wants to get off!
(the aircraft)
P.S.,we've just passed the magical 2hr mark for compo but they've mentioned bad weather.
Does that rule compo out?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.