Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

The fucking walk from the new terminal 2 to passport control is a joke especially when carrying a child and hand luggage, swear I'll be able to do selection for SAS now.

The fucking walk from the new terminal 2 to passport control is a joke especially when carrying a child and hand luggage, swear I'll be able to do selection for SAS now.
just one of many things wrong with it, if I was to tell you that new part of the terminal costing 100s of million pounds and wait for it,some aircraft types don't actually fit onto it, we have to tow different aircraft when they come in onto the stands to see if they will fit, its a fucking joke,who the actual fuck designed it ?

No, compared to any American airport (I've been to quite a few over the years) Manchester is a doddle. Plus Heathrow is a nightmare.

Toulouse, Frankfurt and Vancouver International are my three favourites with a couple of Oz and NZ ones thrown in.

just one of many things wrong with it, if I was to tell you that new part of the terminal costing 100s of million pounds and wait for it,some aircraft types don't actually fit onto it, we have to tow different aircraft when they come in onto the stands to see if they will fit, its a fucking joke,who the actual fuck designed it ?

They have to tell you it's last boarding and that the gate is closing just to get people down to the gates due to the walk being that long. Really is shit and someone has made a fortune!

Right on the nose with this. It's a long trek, anyone with walking difficulties needs to give themselves a good 20 minutes before boarding.

No, compared to any American airport (I've been to quite a few over the years) Manchester is a doddle. Plus Heathrow is a nightmare.

Toulouse, Frankfurt and Vancouver International are my three favourites with a couple of Oz and NZ ones thrown in.
You’re joking, surely? Frankfurt Airport is horrible. Those long tunnels from terminal to terminal. The worst airport in Germany

Avoid landing around midnight as already stated they stack flights. Three flights landing then you start the circus of converging queues as you approach passport control. They have even started a women and children first policy any one with children under 12 get fast tracked which means if you have paid for fast track you can end up in a bigger queue. Amazing how many electronic chipped passports don’t work, which causes more chaos

I think it’s closed now but Ataturk Istanbul was very security conscious. There were two checkpoints to get through just changing flights. I fly to Azerbaijan in November from Sabiha Gokhen in the Turkish capital and am expecting a repeat!

Avoid landing around midnight as already stated they stack flights. Three flights landing then you start the circus of converging queues as you approach passport control. They have even started a women and children first policy any one with children under 12 get fast tracked which means if you have paid for fast track you can end up in a bigger queue. Amazing how many electronic chipped passports don’t work, which causes more chaos

Well they work just fine in Palma and Barcelona . Huge passenger numbers pushing through but guess what they have made wide , non claustrophobic areas with high ceilings and simply put loads of terminals in. Unlike the snaking queueing in small areas with a massive investment of 10 machines which again are clumped together in a corner

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.