Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

Comfortably the worst airport at the moment and I’ve been to a few that have been mentioned on this thread

Landed back from Turkey into T1 around 1:20am this morning. I live 15mins away but didn’t get home until 3am!

Around 5 flight landed around the same time and it took us around 50mins just to get to the bit where we could queue for passport control. Then the buggy wasn’t on the belt, buy that time I was losing the will to live so just fucked off. Then it was around another 30mins to get out of the pick-up point

It’s one of the biggest airports in the country but is a terrible advert.

Comfortably the worst airport at the moment and I’ve been to a few that have been mentioned on this thread

Landed back from Turkey into T1 around 1:20am this morning. I live 15mins away but didn’t get home until 3am!

Around 5 flight landed around the same time and it took us around 50mins just to get to the bit where we could queue for passport control. Then the buggy wasn’t on the belt, buy that time I was losing the will to live so just fucked off. Then it was around another 30mins to get out of the pick-up point

Oh christ, we are coming back from Greece in a few days, in the early hours. Hope it isn't that bad!!
Thought it was great going out.

Flying out was chaotic through security.

On my return. it took me 20 minutes getting off aircraft, through passport control, collect luggage then on to bus (7am landing). Can't complain about that.

Can't complain about the total absence of security? I think you can.

I flew to Dublin a couple of weeks ago. I thought the airports were quite similar. Plenty of security checks leaving from Dublin, and they did manage to prevent a ging1er cat being smuggled on to a plane. There were plenty of decent shops in departures, but not enough lounges, unless you went in a bar or food outlet. We were checked again when re we boarded the plane.

Arriving back at Manchester, and there were no security checks. There was no obvious way of getting to the Metro station without using one of three lifts, each with enormous queues, and the travelators between T3 and T2 don't work either.

Manchester Airport isn't a very nice user experience.

Late flights a bit of info,
They usually stack 3 planes at the bottom of the runway then move them together so if your 1st of the 3 you will wait for 2 more then all 3 will taxi in together, I used to do easy jet and it was a bastard if it was 3 easyjets coming in together

Tegel? Never had a problem there.
Maybe Saddleworth2 meant Brandenburg. Should have opened 2011, but looks like it might fail its new date of 2020. Half a million faults in construction, my favourite being the escalators were too short, and 140% over budget.

Tegel? Never had a problem there.
Maybe Saddleworth2 meant Brandenburg. Should have opened 2011, but looks like it might fail its new date of 2020. Half a million faults in construction, my favourite being the escalators were too short, and 140% over budget.

I suspect he meant Schönefeld, which is reminiscent of a refugee centre. Its always heaving with people and there are about 4 seats in the whole place, so people are just sat on the floor.

Manchester is not great at times but Luton and Schönefeld are definitely worse.

I suspect he meant Schönefeld, which is reminiscent of a refugee centre. Its always heaving with people and there are about 4 seats in the whole place, so people are just sat on the floor.

I've been there twice and been on the minutes so have been rushed through so not really experienced it so can't really comment. However it is served with far better public transport than Manchester

Probably.

Manchester just seems hit and miss. Was great last week when I flew in. Absolutely stunned that the luggage wait was under 20 mins and we were probably the last to get ours. The only complaints really are the moving walkways never work and, flying out, the queues for the lifts to get to the check-in desks.

Probably.

Manchester just seems hit and miss. Was great last week when I flew in. Absolutely stunned that the luggage wait was under 20 mins and we were probably the last to get ours. The only complaints really are the moving walkways never work and, flying out, the queues for the lifts to get to the check-in desks.
there are a few baggage handling firms at the airport ,just depends who you fly with,some handlers are better(have more staff) than others,easy jet have a new handler now (DHL) and are 1,000,000 times better than the old handlers(Menzies)so luggage times should be reduced.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.