Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

I didn’t mean fault free, I meant it’s not a reason to defend Manchester. An airport I’ve flew from and to hundreds of times and very rarely hassle free. Burger King isn’t a reason it’s shit. It was one of many reasons it’s not run properly and an example of the many minutes wasted in there queuing. 40 mins to wait for a food when everyone’s time is very limited is absurd. Just because you go boots doesn’t mean it’s alright. Would you wait 40 minutes in boots for your overpriced sandwich? I doubt it.
Manchester airport is good enough for me as I'm there in 25-30 minutes. And the Boots meal deals are fairly priced I think.

Has anyone used the new Premair thing? Considering as a treat to get the hol started next year.

As with all things in this country, just bothered it is a con and you are just paying £60 each for an all day breakfast, a pint of fosters and a car to the terminal.

I am flying back into Ringway at Christmas and out of there after the new year, so will provide an updated opinion afterwards. However, in the past I have always enjoyed the airport, mainly because upon arrival, I feel like I am home! There are a lot much worse than our own airport - believe me!!

I am flying back into Ringway at Christmas and out of there after the new year, so will provide an updated opinion afterwards. However, in the past I have always enjoyed the airport, mainly because upon arrival, I feel like I am home! There are a lot much worse than our own airport - believe me!!
Ringway? Blimey Burford, not heard it called that for donkeys years. Do you need a zimmer frame mate? ; )

This really does boil my piss. These restrictions have been in place for years now, but there's never any shortage of thick twats who think they mustn't apply to them.

Posters all over the place and staff walking up and down the line explaining what needs to be done, yet there's always some gormless **** who's got an iPad/hair straighteners/bottle of water in their bag.

And then there's the people who seem to be taken by surprise by the need to remove their shoes/belt/watch/hat/coat despite having spent the last 20 minutes stood in a queue watching every single person do the exact same thing.

There's no need to talk about my wife like that.

"Not every airport has it's faults", which airports? None are fault free I've been to.

I'm an experienced traveller abroad and it definitely helps in not getting too stressed on things not going to plan. Like I said MCR airport has it's faults, the pick up drop off charges are a total rip off and my biggest gripe. I agree about the bottleneck at passport control, needs sorting to streamline queues to appease irate travellers. But Burger king wouldn't bother me as i usually go to Boots for a meal deal.

I came back off holiday last Friday and had no problems whatsoever from landing to exiting the airport. But I've I've also been held up and delayed several times, especially when the French have their perennial strikes. That is our of Manchester airport control unfortunately.

Manchester is a poor airport in comparison to others. There’s too many flights for the size of it and passenger experience is disappointing. I jet away to watch football and like to relax for what’s cost me a fair whack. Hardly a good start for your trip.

I would also like to defend having a pint before the flight regardless of time. It’s fun. Tradition. There were well over a hundred of us in Gatwick at 4am on a Sunday heading to Tirana, Albania. The beer was needed.

not the actual airport but i'm impresed with the Jet parks,ditch your car,take the keys and your off on a bus every 10-15 mins,always park on the ringway jet park on shadowmoss Rd, oh and if you do a price cost online and dont book you get a discount code come through after a couple of days

Manchester seems to be coping really badly with post-covid ramp up. 2-3 hours waits the norm for T1. Had some mixed/close calls over Christmas period.
Anyone been caught up in this or work in the airport? Is it staffing issues? I find their security very sensitive for pulling bags compared to other airports.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.