Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

Any American airport the security are twats

(edit) Put a uniform of power on an American and they turn into twats.

This is not a blanket condemnation of Americans in general I`ve found most of them to be decent people.

Apart from that arse AustinBlue who comes on here, he doesn`t need to don a uniforn.

8-)

not the worst and i have been through plenty but without doubt one of the worst, personally I think its an embarrassment to Manchester
It's abysmal. I flew into Birmingham a couple of days ago and it was such a better experience than anything Manchester has ever served up. It won't be an option for every trip back, but I'll certainly be trying to avoid flying in or out of Manchester Airport whenever possible from now on.

I think it’s rightly closed now but Berlin Shoenefeld takes my prize for the shittest airport in the western world.

It was like stepping back in time to 1980s soviet Germany flying into there, a journey I did regularly around 2007-8.

I think it definitely has a claim as one of the worst airports in terms of getting through security.

It always amazes me how bloody difficult it is getting through, how chaotic and frustrating and how it feels like the fall of Saigon just getting from one end of the room to the other.

Yet when you go to somewhere like CDG in Paris or Barcelona or Madrid, which have much larger passenger numbers, it seems effortless. Why is Manchester so bad? I don't know, but I guess somebody must.

Check out this from yesterday.

Due to unexpected passenger numbers? Fuck me, people don't just turn up out of the blue, it's the same on the way back as well, they know how many planes will be landing but seem to be taken by surprise, ffs get it sorted

what annoys me most is passengers being allowed to check in when the check in staff know they wont get through security and onto the aircraft before departure, this causes all sorts of problems for the people trying to get the aircraft out on time.

Is it still chaos today?
It's chaos every day it is just the level of the chaos that is different.
I believe it is not as bad as yesterday, i.e. the queue does not go into the car park.
I said ages ago that it is in Manchester Airports interests to have queues, that way they can charge a fiver for express lanes. Once you have that mentality your fucked.

Due to unexpected passenger numbers? Fuck me, people don't just turn up out of the blue, it's the same on the way back as well, they know how many planes will be landing but seem to be taken by surprise, ffs get it sorted
the passengers take all sorts of shite in their bags,so what should be a two minute security it can take a lot longer ,the airport is still short staffed there no denying that but people not sticking to the rules(items in bags) can have a major impact, or should we just wave everyone through without checking ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.