Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

Haha we've already paid for the multi at the airport on a good deal.

When I booked we were 25 mins max away so a hotel especially with a 3pm flight seemed very frivolous for a tight arse like me.

Next holiday tho, it's something I'll look at.

Let me know how you get on though please mate. If it’s still a nightmare come June I’ll get there the day before my flight for July ;)

working at mcr i can promise you they are very short staffed ,i have to go through security every day and it can get very frustrating ,also it should ease when t3 opens ,the passengers will be spread over 3 terminals (think t3 opens early april)
27th March for the opening of T3
I'm doing some work for W H Smith in T3 next week

working at mcr i can promise you they are very short staffed ,i have to go through security every day and it can get very frustrating ,also it should ease when t3 opens ,the passengers will be spread over 3 terminals (think t3 opens early april)

I'll be happy to get T3 back, much prefer flying in and out of there on my trips to and from home

If this is happening in March, God knows what it's going to be like in the summer.

At least it's recognised now. Last went through there in 2018/9, swore I'd not do it again. Embarrassingly bad airport, I have to say I didn't realise it was any worse than previous years until I saw them queuing up for security, outside!

That means they've checked in and dropped the baggage off inside the terminal, then headed back outside to queue up for security? Madness. Worth travelling the extra 30-40 miles to another UK airport in my opinion. Who wants extra stress and frustration just when you set off for your hols? Only way they'll learn is if the punters stop coming through.

Beyond the staffing issues covered below, growing too fast too quickly is evident in the increase in planes too. They act as if they have more than 2 runways and 3 even competent terminals and just squeeze them in. I know someone who used to work airside who said near misses at Manchester are commonplace as there are so many arrivals and departures and not enough space.

They used to have a golden period in the morning between about 6 and 7 when it was cheaper for planes to arrive or depart at Manchester and noise pollution laws allowed for normal daytime level noise, and they really cashed in, arrivals every 30 seconds etc. Where we used to live you could see them lining up on approach, up to 5 planes in a line. We also used to get the big flights like PIA who would break noise laws and just land whenever and pay the fine because it was cheaper overall, yet evidently the airlines were seldom told to stop planning 2am arrivals by the airport, or refused the slot.

BBC News - Manchester Airport reputation 'nosediving' as delays continue

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.