Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

It’s the worst airport in the world .

I was there the other weekend took us ages to get through passport control queuing right up corridors and back on yourself . Wear a mask on plane for covid reasons then get slammed in queues of corridors .

the place looks like it has sacked all its cleaners it’s filthy.

other airports in the world are actually finished . I have been going to Manchester airport since the 70s and it has never been finished it’s just constant building works in and around the airport.

all those moaning on here I would encourage you to complain to the airport itself.

an absolute disgrace to Manchester

Last edited:
Any American airport the security are twats

(edit) Put a uniform of power on an American and they turn into twats.

This is not a blanket condemnation of Americans in general I`ve found most of them to be decent people.

Apart from that arse AustinBlue who comes on here, he doesn`t need to don a uniforn.

8-)
In my experience they confuse paranoia with security as standard. They should all be sent to work at Tel Aviv airport for a couple of weeks and see how the best airport security in the world is achieved while remaining largely unobtrusive.

One time I was there before checking in and I sorted out some unnecessary bits of paper and walked all of 10 feet to drop it in a bin. As soon as I turned round I was faced with a plain clothes security man who asked me if that was my case and politely told me not to leave it unattended at any time. All in a matter of seconds.

the passengers take all sorts of shite in their bags,so what should be a two minute security it can take a lot longer ,the airport is still short staffed there no denying that but people not sticking to the rules(items in bags) can have a major impact, or should we just wave everyone through without checking ?
I agree about people being stupid and the stuff they leave in their bags slowing things down, you see it all the time.
But it's hard to believe that this doesn't happen in other places as well - and they never seem to have security queues like at Manchester.

One of the places I quoted before - Paris CDG - is always very busy and I've never once had an issue getting through security in less than 10 minutes.

I can only assume that they have more staff and lanes than Manchester, which leads to the conclusion that Manchester Airport takes on far too many flights for the size of the security areas/number of staff they are prepared to employ. If it happened once or twice, I could understand it, but every time I go, whatever time of year, whatever time of day, it's chaos.

I agree about people being stupid and the stuff they leave in their bags slowing things down, you see it all the time.
But it's hard to believe that this doesn't happen in other places as well - and they never seem to have security queues like at Manchester.

One of the places I quoted before - Paris CDG - is always very busy and I've never once had an issue getting through security in less than 10 minutes.

I can only assume that they have more staff and lanes than Manchester, which leads to the conclusion that Manchester Airport takes on far too many flights for the size of the security areas/number of staff they are prepared to employ. If it happened once or twice, I could understand it, but every time I go, whatever time of year, whatever time of day, it's chaos.
working at mcr i can promise you they are very short staffed ,i have to go through security every day and it can get very frustrating ,also it should ease when t3 opens ,the passengers will be spread over 3 terminals (think t3 opens early april)

Has it really got so bad? Can't remember last time I used it, my last few flights in or out of the UK have been via Liverpool or Glasgow. Im in and out the same day so usually hanging around for a few hours dependent on my return flight to Spain but both of them are sound and I've never had an issue with either.

In my experience they confuse paranoia with security as standard. They should all be sent to work at Tel Aviv airport for a couple of weeks and see how the best airport security in the world is achieved while remaining largely unobtrusive.

One time I was there before checking in and I sorted out some unnecessary bits of paper and walked all of 10 feet to drop it in a bin. As soon as I turned round I was faced with a plain clothes security man who asked me if that was my case and politely told me not to leave it unattended at any time. All in a matter of seconds.
Some countries don't seem to get that customs officials and airport security are the first impression every tourist gets of their country.

I remember one instance of the security staff at Manchester airport getting close to shouting at someone and making a big show of being annoyed because the tourist didn't quite understand the process of going through security (literally the second they made a mistake). No effort whatsoever to make themselves easy to understand for someone who isn't that good at English either. You'd think that speaking to foreigners in appropriate language would be a basic part of the training.

But yeah, it's a shite airport. I once put a euro in a vending machine there and it refused to give me anything (it said it accepted euros), so I pulled the refund lever, and it gave me 50p back. When was that exchange rate programmed? 1998?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.