Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

I don’t think I will be again. Last used them flying in October and it definitely wasn’t close to this price
When you look at O'Leary's base price it can really suck a man in, but as Churchlawtonblue mentions his hidden costs are beyond the surreal. It's cheaper for flight only with Jet2 who include your 10k bag at the base price with par excellent flight times thrown in for good measure. If you register with them you can also take 15% off.

Tui's late flight deals also have great fares that include the 10k bag so the days for that scurrilous shyster to strutt his stuff may soon be at an end. I'm not a big fan in the right here right now which is a shame as back in the day he used to give a damn by offering low frills at superlative price. The times they are changing!

Last edited:
When you look at O'Leary's base price it can really suck a man in, but as Churchlawtonblue mentions his hidden costs are beyond the surreal. It's cheaper for flight only with Jet2 who include your 10k bag at the base price with par excellent flight times thrown in for good measure. If you register with them you can also take 15% off.

Tui's late flight deals also have great fares that include the 10k bag so the days for that scurrilous shyster to strutt his stuff may soon be at an end. I'm not a big fan in the right here right now which is a shame as back in the day he used to give a god damn by offering low frills at a superlative price. The times they are changing!
I think they will be around until people stop using them, as you say base price is attractive but the overall cost for a normal (baggage etc) flight is very expensive.

come_fly_with_me_omar.jpg

Tui's late flight deals also have great fares that include the 10k bag so the days for that scurrilous shyster to strutt his stuff may soon be at an end. I'm not a big fan in the right here right now which is a shame as back in the day he used to give a damn by offering low frills at superlative price. The times they are changing!
Jet2 are great. Good flight times, good standard offer and once you sign up, you get regular ‘member’ deals which can amount to quite a lot off your flights, hotels etc if you were, say, a family of four. Loads of staff on hand if you have any issues.
I’m not a package holiday person, I book the flight and then tend to do DIY for hotels and transfers etc, but Jet2 are far and away the best company and the most informed reps I’ve ever dealt with

Last edited:
Daughter flew through Newcastle 3 weekends ago with no issues - just seen them on the news tonight and they anticipate no issues because they have spent 3 months recruiting training and staffing up in prep for Easter - the guy in charge said they know how many flights there are and how many passengers to anticipate and staff accordingly - not the cheapest way but not rocket science

it didnt suck me in, Ryanair does what it says on the tin, i paid £12.99 manchester to Tenerife last month no lugage and upgraded to exit seats on the plane free as the flight was only a 3rd full,it works if your circumstances fit which is rare i admit but doable as i did,there was a glitch on the mobile app that let you declare a 10kg bag and it didnt charge,not sure if its been fixed since,traveld many many times with Ryanair and never a problem at worse i think a half hour delay

Last edited:
it didnt suck me in, Ryanair does what it says on the tin, i paid £12.99 manchester to Tenerife last month no lugage and upgraded to exit seats on the plane free as the flight was only a 3rd full,it works if your circumstances fit which is rare i admit but doable as i did,there was a glitch on the mobile app that let you declare a 10kg bag and it didnt charge,not sure if its been fixed since,traveld many many times with Ryanair and never a problem at worse i think a half hour delay
Totally agree. We generally use EasyJet but sometimes RyanAir is a great option. We went to Valencia last year with RA and it was less than £200 return for the 4 of us. We were staying 3 nights so a rucksack was plenty so just paid the base price. When you are going on a city break, you really don’t need to carry that much.

As passengers we all, indirectly are partly to blame for the discomfort currently seen. Many of us demand the cheapest possible method of flying from A to B.

To keep the airfares low, the airlines pay minimal sums to the ground handling agents to service their flights.

Airports charge handling agents to 'hire' check in desks.

Handling agents have service level agreements with airports demanding baggage gets from check in to chute in xx minutes.

Airlines charge handling agents for bags that miss a flight. One airline charges its handling agent for one missing bag more than it pays them to service the entire flight. Which includes check in staff, baggage handlers, gate staff and push back crew.

One particular Airline saves money when ordering a new aircraft from Boeing by having smaller seat belts, no seat pockets, no sick bags or safety cards, they also have 2 extra rows of seats than other airlines operating the same type of aircraft. A 330ml can of beer is £6 a sandwich is £5. Its up to you if you buy it, but if you pay £15 for a four hour flight you've got a bargain. It costs me £7 for a 22 min train ride!

There is absolutely no rocket science to the aviation game, if you have enough staff it works a treat, if you don't there will always be some issues.

As for Ryanair, in my opinion there is nothing nice about traveling with them. That said if I can get 4 return flights a year for under £200 for the lot I'm more than happy to add to Michael's pension fund.

Things will get better soon, get you flights booked and have a bloody good time!

As passengers we all, indirectly are partly to blame for the discomfort currently seen. Many of us demand the cheapest possible method of flying from A to B.

To keep the airfares low, the airlines pay minimal sums to the ground handling agents to service their flights.

Airports charge handling agents to 'hire' check in desks.

Handling agents have service level agreements with airports demanding baggage gets from check in to chute in xx minutes.

Airlines charge handling agents for bags that miss a flight. One airline charges its handling agent for one missing bag more than it pays them to service the entire flight. Which includes check in staff, baggage handlers, gate staff and push back crew.

One particular Airline saves money when ordering a new aircraft from Boeing by having smaller seat belts, no seat pockets, no sick bags or safety cards, they also have 2 extra rows of seats than other airlines operating the same type of aircraft. A 330ml can of beer is £6 a sandwich is £5. Its up to you if you buy it, but if you pay £15 for a four hour flight you've got a bargain. It costs me £7 for a 22 min train ride!

There is absolutely no rocket science to the aviation game, if you have enough staff it works a treat, if you don't there will always be some issues.

As for Ryanair, in my opinion there is nothing nice about traveling with them. That said if I can get 4 return flights a year for under £200 for the lot I'm more than happy to add to Michael's pension fund.

Things will get better soon, get you flights booked and have a bloody good time!
Those "space saver" seats are the most uncomfortable seats ever on a plane, very thin padding on a hard plastic seat. That and the minimal leg room makes for a really bad flight.

+1 for Jet2. Fantastic value, great flight times, and on their holidays and short breaks you get 22kg plus 10kg hand luggage in the price.
Cannot fault them.
Ryanair are wankers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.