Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

We went fast track once. Ended up leaving the queue and joining the main one. Load of shite. I try and fly from Liverpool when I can as much less hassle.

Flying from there on what is apparently a June Bank Holiday Monday but, that's for another thread.

I was intending booking Mrs Moon & me into a lounge as we expect to have moved house by then and will have a good hour plus drive to get there but, having seen the current shitshow I'm not sure we'll get through in time to actually take advantage of it.
Arrive around the first week in May and you should be OK.

I flew out of Manchester once. Three of us were so late - we were still on the train while the rest of our work mob were already sitting on the plane, and it actually waited for us! We were ushered through the airport so fast that I don't remember anything about it, but it was a great experience. This was before 9/11.

Manchester Airport is easily the worst airport I've had the misfortune of flying from and into. I've never been to any other airport - even in the UK - that is as bad. Even in "Second World" countries, their airports are a joy compared to Manchester.

Dropping off and picking up are horrendous. They are trying to leach every single penny from anyone who has to pass within it's grounds. I feel sorry for the taxi drivers who have to go through it. We don't even offer to drop off or pick up our own families as it's just an absolute pain to do so. Getting taxis to come down is a pain too. However, if you want to use one of the taxis at the airport, you will be rinsed for cash. I know black cabs are more expensive, but the ones at the airport charge double what other black cabs charge. My wife was in one back up to Failsworth and the driver stopped the meter at £60 once. The local firms would drive down and bring you back for £25.

The queues for security and passports are always long. There's never enough security on and I've sometimes queued up over an hour to get through. The biometric gates are useless as well.

Waiting for bags takes ages and they want £1 to be able to get a trolley. Foreign visitors are unlikely to have £1 coins so what does it say about us?

I've always felt that the impression of a country or city starts at it's airport. The impression we give to visitors is that we're obsessed with getting money out of you and we're difficult, slow and scruffy. It is a disgrace to the city that airport. It should be taken off the current owners.

We've tried our best not to fly from there now. Depending on what we are doing, we try to fly from Liverpool or Bradford where possible as it's less stressful to drive to those places than from our "local" airport. Unfortunately, we're flying from there in a few weeks to go on holiday and I'm dreading it reading some of the reports - and I suspect very little will change by the time we get there.

First time through there was a breeze, friendly and efficient. The last two times were horrendous to the point I won’t be using it again

Flew out from Mcr yesterday and it took me an hour to get through security. Longest line I've ever seen at the airport, and only rivals the queue at JFK arrivals. So many people were getting pulled from the line because their planes were taking off within 30 minutes. Luckily I arrived earlier than normal. They have about 12 scanners but I reckon only 5 were in use.

Manchester Airport is easily the worst airport I've had the misfortune of flying from and into. I've never been to any other airport - even in the UK - that is as bad. Even in "Second World" countries, their airports are a joy compared to Manchester.

Dropping off and picking up are horrendous. They are trying to leach every single penny from anyone who has to pass within it's grounds. I feel sorry for the taxi drivers who have to go through it. We don't even offer to drop off or pick up our own families as it's just an absolute pain to do so. Getting taxis to come down is a pain too. However, if you want to use one of the taxis at the airport, you will be rinsed for cash. I know black cabs are more expensive, but the ones at the airport charge double what other black cabs charge. My wife was in one back up to Failsworth and the driver stopped the meter at £60 once. The local firms would drive down and bring you back for £25.

The queues for security and passports are always long. There's never enough security on and I've sometimes queued up over an hour to get through. The biometric gates are useless as well.

Waiting for bags takes ages and they want £1 to be able to get a trolley. Foreign visitors are unlikely to have £1 coins so what does it say about us?

I've always felt that the impression of a country or city starts at it's airport. The impression we give to visitors is that we're obsessed with getting money out of you and we're difficult, slow and scruffy. It is a disgrace to the city that airport. It should be taken off the current owners.

We've tried our best not to fly from there now. Depending on what we are doing, we try to fly from Liverpool or Bradford where possible as it's less stressful to drive to those places than from our "local" airport. Unfortunately, we're flying from there in a few weeks to go on holiday and I'm dreading it reading some of the reports - and I suspect very little will change by the time we get there.
We're flying into Barcelona in two weeks. Liverpool still have spaces available the day before and we are seriously considering switching - even though it will be a lot of shag and hassle, and we'll have to book two extra nights over there in two different locations, it may still be less hassle than having the worry of using Manchester!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.