Is mancini a great manager?

cyprustavern

Would anyone else rock your boat more? Is he too defensive? Is pep a better bet?Would you prefer Mourinho?<br /><br />-- Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:45 am --<br /><br />all opinions are welcome .

Its not an in out thread, I want opinions if he is doing things wrong in your views I want to know why and what you would prefer ..in every way / team wise etc ,man management ,i think sometimes his team selection is wrong .............milner should play more for example

He's a very good manager, not a great one, we are often too liberal with the word 'great'. He's not too defensive. In fact, he's not defensive enough sometimes in Europe.
There'd be fuck all point in building this Academy complex if we brought in Mourinho.
Pep would be a better bet imo.

That said, I am happy with Mancini.

cyprustavern said:
Would anyone else rock your boat more? Is he too defensive? Is pep a better bet?Would you prefer Mourinho?

-- Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:45 am --

all opinions are welcome .

is this thread pointless? hasnt this been already covered extensively? can you delete this thread now?

Joehannes said:
He's a very good manager, not a great one, we are often too liberal with the word 'great'. He's not too defensive. In fact, he's not defensive enough sometimes in Europe.
There'd be fuck all point in building this Academy complex if we brought in Mourinho.

do you thing garcia is good enough?

-- Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:55 am --

Joehannes said:

do you thing garcia is good enough?<br /><br />-- Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:57 am --<br /><br />
citijin said:
cyprustavern said:
Would anyone else rock your boat more? Is he too defensive? Is pep a better bet?Would you prefer Mourinho?

is this thread pointless? hasnt this been already covered extensively? can you delete this thread now?

i would prefer a constructive comment about the team / or negtive ..i dont think this thread deserves to be deleted

YES ! , Mancini is a great manager , and after what he's achieved at City , and the happiness he's brought me personally , i'd give him the job for 'life' ( or as long as he wants it ),

citijin said:
cyprustavern said:

are you a city fan / ? if so where can we strenghten ?

Yes Mancini is a great manager........ So is Mourinho & so is Guardiola. If it's a comparison of all 3 you're after, Mancini has had to come from way behind where Mourinho & Guardiola did with their previous teams to achieve success with City so comparisons are unfair because it's not like for like.

The question you should consider is this, would Barca or Real suffer if Mancini were to become their manager tomorrow?........ I think not. Their infrastrucutures have been in place for decades, where as ours have only been in place over the last four years and it is only since last week that we can truly say for the first time that we have a first-class CEO & DOF to compliment our first-class manager & coaching team.

Give us until next summer for our management team to settle in & then let the comparisons begin. It will take us years to get to where Barca & Real are, but with the new academy on the way & a fresh footballing outlook, the comparisons for now should be between Barca & Real's success & our continued improvement on & off the field & City consistently narrowing the gap between them & us, these are the only comparisons we should concern ourselves with.

Dribble said:
Yes Mancini is a great manager........ So is Mourinho & so is Guardiola. If it's a comparison of all 3 you're after, Mancini has had to come from way behind where Mourinho & Guardiola did with their previous teams to achieve success with City so comparisons are unfair because it's not like for like.

The question you should consider is this, would Barca or Real suffer if Mancini were to become their manager tomorrow?........ I think not. Their infrastrucutures have been in place for decades, where as ours have only been in place over the last four years and it is only since last week that we can truly say for the first time that we have a first-class CEO & DOF to compliment our first-class manager & coaching team.

Give us until next summer for our management team to settle in & then let the comparisons begin. It will take us years to get to where Barca & Real are, but with the new academy on the way & a fresh footballing outlook, the comparisons for now should be between Barca & Real's success & our continued improvement on & off the field & City consistently narrowing the gap between them & us, these are the only comparisons we should concern ourselves with.

thats quite a good post,where if any where can we improve the team?

Dependant on how you gauge the word "great". If anything, Mancini is a successful manager, City or not City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.