Is mancini a great manager?

Joehannes said:
He's a very good manager, not a great one, we are often too liberal with the word 'great'. He's not too defensive. In fact, he's not defensive enough sometimes in Europe.
There'd be fuck all point in building this Academy complex if we brought in Mourinho.
Pep would be a better bet imo.

That said, I am happy with Mancini.
:-)

i think he was fkn annoyed with the transfer window , i think we havent strengthened in any areas apart from right back, i think hes pushing for a major signing in january (hard to do) , i think mancini is class and i expect a few `potential world class` signings soon...i also expect we will need a world class established central midfielder soon(because we havent got one )

and a decent winger .

citijin said:
cyprustavern said:
Would anyone else rock your boat more? Is he too defensive? Is pep a better bet?Would you prefer Mourinho?

-- Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:45 am --

all opinions are welcome .

is this thread pointless? hasnt this been already covered extensively? can you delete this thread now?

yes its pointless , delete this shit , im going for a smoke

Don't think there's any doubt he's a good manager, whether he turns out to be a great one remains to be seen but his man management skills often seem a worry.

Defensive? That is soooooooo 2010

cyprustavern said:
i think he was fkn annoyed with the transfer window , i think we havent strengthened in any areas apart from right back, i think hes pushing for a major signing in january (hard to do)Why? , i think mancini is class and i expect a few `potential world class` signings soon Nothing to back that up with...i also expect we will need a world class established central midfielder soon(because we havent got one ) So yaya toure and silve are shit then

and a decent winger .

He's far from being a great, a very small clique indeed.

Personally, one of my major gripes with Bobby is the lack of players he has been able to visibly improve during his time with us.

I don't sit there and think, 'bloody hell, Bobby has really got inside this guy's head'.

Maybe Micah, although he always had the physical attributes, and I'm not sure the player would attribute much to him, rather than rising to the challenge of the budgets?

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Personally, one of my major gripes with Bobby is the lack of players he has been able to visibly improve during his time with us.

I don't sit there and think, 'bloody hell, Bobby has really got inside this guy's head'.

Maybe Micah, although he always had the physical attributes, and I'm not sure the player would attribute much to him, rather than rising to the challenge of the budgets?

Whether its the players themselves just coming into their primes at the right time, Tevez, Yaya, Lescott, Clichy, Richards, Zabaleta, have all had their best/most productive campaigns under Mancini. IMO

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Yep Vinny has gone backwards under bobby...... doh!!!!

A very good manager, but ''great''? No.Too much chopping and changing the line up, particularly the defence this season. I'm not sure he knows what the strongest line up is. Now I understand the need for rotation, particularly in the Capital One cup (though that defeat to Villa still annoys me). But he needs to keep to his strongest XI in the league (injuries permitting obviously). And sometimes tactically, he puzzles me. AK at right midfield last saturday is an obvious example. I'll leave out his record in European competition, as it doesn't do him any favours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.