Is mancini a great manager?

He is certainly the most successful City Manager per season ever (diving years of managing by the number of pots) though he would have to get another 3 pots over the next 3 years to beat Joe Mercer over his 6 year period in charge (and I'm not going to count Div 2 or Shield pots).

BoyBlue_1985 said:
cyprustavern said:
i think he was fkn annoyed with the transfer window , i think we havent strengthened in any areas apart from right back, i think hes pushing for a major signing in january (hard to do)Why? , i think mancini is class and i expect a few `potential world class` signings soon Nothing to back that up with...i also expect we will need a world class established central midfielder soon(because we havent got one ) So yaya toure and silve are shit then

and a decent winger .

both far from shit ..but silva tends to play wide left and yaya is world class when he is allowed to be, i should of said world class central midfielder , not sure who is available but i think in champions leauge its where we have been exposed..either that or clichy is shit :-)

• A trophy a season on average, including a first title since 1989 with Inter and 1968 with City - holding off the challenger with record points (points-adjusted) in the history of the Football League. No man ever had a higher barrier to overcome to win an English title.
  • Set a European record for consecutive league wins.
  • Set a European record (now broken) for most points in a season in a major league.
  • Unbeaten at home in the league for nearly two years.

I'll with... yes, he's a great manager.

BlueAnorak said:
He is certainly the most successful City Manager ever (diving years of managing by the number of pots) though he would have to get another 3 pots over the next 3 years to beat Joe Mercer over his 6 year period in charge (and I'm not going to count Div 2 or Shield pots).
:-) good comment<br /><br />-- Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:52 pm --<br /><br />
Skashion said:
  • A trophy a season on average, including a first title since 1989 with Inter and 1968 with City - holding off the challenger with record points (points-adjusted) in the history of the Football League. No man ever had a higher barrier to overcome to win an English title.
  • Set a European record for consecutive league wins.
  • Set a European record (now broken) for most points in a season in a major league.
  • Unbeaten at home in the league for nearly two years.

I'll with... yes, he's a great manager.

i agree ...maybe the title was misleading...it was meant as a justification as you have shown

cyprustavern said:
Dribble said:
Yes Mancini is a great manager........ So is Mourinho & so is Guardiola. If it's a comparison of all 3 you're after, Mancini has had to come from way behind where Mourinho & Guardiola did with their previous teams to achieve success with City so comparisons are unfair because it's not like for like.

The question you should consider is this, would Barca or Real suffer if Mancini were to become their manager tomorrow?........ I think not. Their infrastrucutures have been in place for decades, where as ours have only been in place over the last four years and it is only since last week that we can truly say for the first time that we have a first-class CEO & DOF to compliment our first-class manager & coaching team.

Give us until next summer for our management team to settle in & then let the comparisons begin. It will take us years to get to where Barca & Real are, but with the new academy on the way & a fresh footballing outlook, the comparisons for now should be between Barca & Real's success & our continued improvement on & off the field & City consistently narrowing the gap between them & us, these are the only comparisons we should concern ourselves with.

thats quite a good post,where if any where can we improve the team?
I don't want to hear about playing 'Football Manager' (whatever it is) or FFP adherence as what I'm about to suggest is just what I would have done as a manager & what I would have expected the powers that be to make happen.

Last summer I would have gone all out for RVP, Hazard & Falcao & sold Johnson, Dzeko & Balotelli. I would have allowed NDJ to leave & sourced a skillful box to box replacement who had pace. Martinez was mentioned as a target, but I've never been fully convinced by him & certainly not at £30-odd million. TBH, I would have preferred Fellaini (sic).

I would have sold Savic & bought Nastasic & released Kolo, Adebayor, Bridge, Weiss & Kolorov & bought Tiago Silva & Leighton Baines (or similar) & concentrated on a 4-2-3-1 formation & took a season in training to perfect switching to 3 at the back. So there you have it, then it would have been up to Marwood to financially make it happen & keep us clear of FFP which clearly he was out of his depth as proved by his demotion. Hopefully now that we have a world-class management team at the helm, the days of missing out on Hazard & settling for Sinclair are things of the past. In future seasons I believe we would only need 1 or 2 major additions per summer transfer window & this would allow us to then switch our attention to the academy........ But then again, we'll run headlong into Marwood again, but hopefully by then he'll be long gone & replaced by someone proper like Cruyff.

It's all about ambition.

was basically meant as a reaction to the bullshit he has been subjected to this week. thats all

Mancini is a great domestic manager, but to be a great manager he has to do it on the European stage.

He will always get a job at a club wanting domestic glory, but he will be bottom of the list if they want European glory.

I like Mancini and I like his style of play, but his biggest let down in my opinion is being too old school in his man management, which to be fair is typical Italian mentality. He believes in tough love rather than someone who tells his players they are the best thing since sliced bread, always showing his affection towards them, and for me that is what modern management requires.

I have full faith in Mancini bringing us domestic glory, but I still put a question mark over his European antics. Obviously I want Mancini to stay for a few more years and be given the chance in Europe, but will the owners put up with another poor European campaign next season? - financially I don't think they can.

Dribble said:
cyprustavern said:
Dribble said:
Yes Mancini is a great manager........ So is Mourinho & so is Guardiola. If it's a comparison of all 3 you're after, Mancini has had to come from way behind where Mourinho & Guardiola did with their previous teams to achieve success with City so comparisons are unfair because it's not like for like.

The question you should consider is this, would Barca or Real suffer if Mancini were to become their manager tomorrow?........ I think not. Their infrastrucutures have been in place for decades, where as ours have only been in place over the last four years and it is only since last week that we can truly say for the first time that we have a first-class CEO & DOF to compliment our first-class manager & coaching team.

Give us until next summer for our management team to settle in & then let the comparisons begin. It will take us years to get to where Barca & Real are, but with the new academy on the way & a fresh footballing outlook, the comparisons for now should be between Barca & Real's success & our continued improvement on & off the field & City consistently narrowing the gap between them & us, these are the only comparisons we should concern ourselves with.

thats quite a good post,where if any where can we improve the team?
I don't want to hear about playing 'Football Manager' (whatever it is) or FFP adherence as what I'm about to suggest is just what I would have done as a manager & what I would have expected the powers that be to make happen.

Last summer I would have gone all out for RVP, Hazard & Falcao & sold Johnson, Dzeko & Balotelli. I would have allowed NDJ to leave & sourced a skillful box to box replacement who had pace. Martinez was mentioned as a target, but I've never been fully convinced by him & certainly not at £30-odd million. TBH, I would have preferred Fellaini (sic).

I would have sold Savic & bought Nastasic & released Kolo, Adebayor, Bridge, Weiss & Kolorov & bought Tiago Silva & Leighton Baines (or similar) & concentrated on a 4-2-3-1 formation & took a season in training to perfect switching to 3 at the back. So there you have it, then it would have been up to Marwood to financially make it happen & keep us clear of FFP which clearly he was out of his depth as proved by his demotion. Hopefully now that we have a world-class management team at the helm, the days of missing out on Hazard & settling for Sinclair are things of the past. In future seasons I believe we would only need 1 or 2 major additions per summer transfer window & this would allow us to then switch our attention to the academy........ But then again, we'll run headlong into Marwood again, but hopefully by then he'll be long gone & replaced by someone proper like Cruyff.

It's all about ambition.

makes sense ...maybe marwood was in charge of transfers ? i dont know ,maybe that why mancini was fuming, goos sense you wrote though

Not until his team does it in Europe against the best teams.

The Champions League games are a step up from the Premiership, and so far we have been 2nd best despite being better resourced than some of our opponents

Looking forward to Ajax at home

Mourinho is a one off, Pep was a very lucky man, right place at the right time.

Mancini is 47, imo in the next 10-15 years we will be able to call him a truly great manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.