Is Mancini a likeable fool, but nothing more?

Bombo said:
Stoke are poor but we are making them look good as we did against Portsmouth and hull. Mancini seems to want to play at serie A pace it won't work in the premier league. The guy needs a wake up call and soon.

Made them look good ? Did you watch the game ? They had 38% possession and did fuck all apart from score...

bizzbo said:
zzzzz

nah.

he's got brains, his tactics are clever, flexible, tailored to each match, each situation within the match. and he's got us playing like a team in no time.

as for vieira, he is a true leader and a serial winner......

Arsenal

Winner

* Premier League (3): 1997-98, 2001-02, 2003-04
* FA Cup (4): 1998, 2002, 2003, 2005
* FA Community Shield (4): 1998, 1999, 2002, 2004

Runner-up

* Premier League (5): 1998-99, 1999-2000, 2000-01, 2002-03, 2004-05
* FA Cup: 2001
* FA Community Shield: 2003
* UEFA Cup Final: 2000

Juventus

* Serie A: 2005-06 (Trophy revoked due to Calciopoli scandal)

Internazionale

Winner

* Serie A (3): 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09
* Italian Super Cup (2): 2006, 2008

International

Winner

* FIFA World Cup: 1998
* UEFA European Championship: 2000
* FIFA Confederations Cup: 2001

Runner-up

* FIFA World Cup: 2006

Individual

* UEFA Football Championship Team of the Tournament: 2000
* 2001 FIFA Confederations Cup: Top Scorer
* FIFA World Cup All-Star Team: 2006
* PFA Team of the Year: 1998-99, 1999-00, 2000-01, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04
* UEFA Team of the Year: 2000-01
* French Player of the Year: 2001
* Overall Team of the Decade - Premier League 10 Seasons Awards (1992/3 - 2001/2)
* FIFA 100

Orders and special awards

* Légion d'honneur: 1998

the rest of our squad barely have a 5 trophies of any sort between them. we have no real leader. vieira is there for his experience, for what he can say to people in the dressing room, as much as anything he can do on the pitch (and don't rule anything out there)

not saying i agree with the op, but this means fuck all.

i am sure paddy will do fine, but just coz he has won stuff does not mean to sat he will do anything for us. lets sign pele, cruyff and maradona if thats your thinkin.

We have had managers that have won shitloads in their time, on and off the pitch. If they cant inspire then what makes u think paddy can?

Winning stuff will instill a winning mentality. Not signing the odd has been that last won something of personal note, or that they heavily infulenced ,4 years ago.

I will probably get slated for this but...

Mancini managed at inter milan... a footballing giant in their own country and in europe... Not exactly the hardest job to inherit. A club that is more than used to being successful, and he maintain their success.

He then came to city... a team that has been stuck in mid/lower table for the past 6 years, who are trying to break into the champions league and start winning trophies... a team with no winning mentality... a team who aren't used to the fans expecting them to win every week.
He has proven that in coming here he actually doesnt have the managerial experience to change this club and turn them into winners... he has come here, stuck to what he knows best (which is defensive football) and it started off well, but is now falling away and he doesn't know what else to do.

I put Mancini is the same bracket as pep Guardiola... Guardiola inherited a barcelona team that was already the best in the world... a team that he used to play for, so they gave him respect... a team that know how to win week in week out regardless as to who is in charge.
If Guardiola were to take over at city i thoroughly believe that he would have the same short-comings as Mancini, and run out of ideas pretty quickly when the team arent playing well.

In order for city to progress, they need to go for the best, the best is Mourinho. He took a porto team from being a nobody to european champions... he took a Chelsea team ( in the same position we are) from being a top 6 team to title winners... he knows how to transform a club.
In my opinion we will only improve if we go for the very best, which is mourinho.

brian the blue said:
I will probably get slated for this but...

Mancini managed at inter milan... a footballing giant in their own country and in europe... Not exactly the hardest job to inherit. A club that is more than used to being successful, and he maintain their success.

do you know anything about inter milan at all? they were a joke.

Read this thread with alot of interest and its interesting to see that Bombo posted his original thought after an emotional derby defeat, got slated for it and now, slowly more people are coming round to his way of thinking.

After reading all the posts on this thread, I'm inclined to agree with the guys who state "Under Hughes I/we always felt we could come back from being a goal down - under Mancini I/we are not so sure"

Its all new....... and how can any of us possibly know where this will end up......

Mancicni could go on to become the greatest City manager EVER

or

Mancini could be keeping the seat warm for Mourinho to come in and become the greatest City manager EVER

or

Under Hughes, his teams showed more passion.... Hughes actually "Got" what City are all about and Hughes could have become the greatest City manager EVER

Personally, I'm beginning to think the OP could have a point....... we have all warmed to Mancini, he did have a good start, we all liked the way he could adapt the team and their tactics during the game to good effect.

Why couldn't he change the tactics during the game against Stoke to our advantage, if he was the genius/messiah we all wanted him to be??

"Fool" is a bit strong, but he is likeable...........but he could be nothing more

There is no point in any of us burying our heads in the sands, the last few games have been the dullest since Stuart Pearce was in charge and today was an accident waiting to happen.

I was not a fan of Hughes but we have dropped an almighty bollock and that is a fact.

I don't care whether people slate me for this comment or what but we have got the personnel here that should achieve things. I'm not talking Championships or Champions Leagues but maybe top four and a trip to Wembley.

Hughes was not the man to get the best out of us but this prick is a joke. In the last three home games, we have had a couple of lucky goals but, apart from that, have hardly troubled the keeper. The standard of performance is getting worse and worse and worse.

The guy is hopeless and that is a cast iron fact!:(

I always believed MH would be the man to take us forward, which he did IMO, but i can understand why the Arabs got impatient with him.

bluecm said:
this is a joke.

i cant believe people are questioning him already and even at all. give the guy a chance FFS.

He was suppose to come in and improve the situation. Has He? Changing a Manager half way through the season was stupid. Now we are paying the price.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.