Is Mancini a likeable fool, but nothing more?

Bombo said:
1961_vintage said:
How on earth do you think you and/or anyone could know after such a short time?

GIVE THE GUY A CHANCE FFS.

And your post title is also crap imho.

just an opinion, I'm not calling for his head I'm simply posing some questions that perhaps some people don't want asked

You're a shit-stirring dick-head with a fucked-up sense of timing. Just an opinion?

OK so that's as much a bollocksy statement to make as your original post.

But seriously Bombo - we've had enough devisive bullshit on here with the Hughes situation and after losing last night this is the time for re-grouping and being constructive.

Bombo, all you have done is state your observations and for some on here they take it as a personal attack at the manager. I for one understand what you are saying and don't feel the need to jump down your throat because you voice your honest opinon.
Having said that you are right on most parts about the defensive midfield, just give the man time and I am sure as already stated he will get it right.

Of course Mancini needs more time (and we don't really know how much he has to do with incoming / outgoing transfers in this window) but the OP asks a legitimate question.

Sven (who bought him) and MH both decided that Garrido was ultimately a liability, but RM chose to stick with him in 2nd leg vs Utd when he had already been exposed in 1st leg by Valencia. Even RM belatedly saw the light and moved Zabaleta over to replace Garrido but why start with him?

I like the fact that Mancini has given playing time to Boyata and Ibrahim who both look very promising.. but I reserve judgement on his overall tactical skills until I see City playing with a smooth tempo vs a quality side.

So far we have relied on moments of individual skill from Tevez / Petrov / Bellamy etc (as we have done for the last year or so) but not developed a style of football that can reliably hold its own against a decent side.

This is not Mancini's team and he deserves a chance to make an impact ... but if MH (for example) had picked such a defensive midfield in both legs vs Utd we would have had a 300 page lynching thread within minutes of the final whistle.

It's early days, but...... so far I have been very pleased with the work he has done with 1/2 the first team. He also always tries to be upbeat, something Hughes never was he would always blame the team when things went wrong.

I think the timing of this thread compares to the timing of lescotts mad swing at the ball whe he fucked his knee up at bolton.
Approve of Adam Johnstons purchase from the boro he looked good before he went off injured

Man U are shite

Scooby Blue said:
but if MH (for example) had picked such a defensive midfield in both legs vs Utd we would have had a 300 page lynching thread within minutes of the final whistle.

with mancini the defensive midfield was clearly part of a plan to allow the front players space and freedom, for all the talk of a defensive approach yesterday we got more shots on goal than them. we were tight and organised for the most part, and dangerous on the break. if hughes had done the same I would have given him credit, but too often we were so disorganised it was difficult to tell what the gameplan.

It is true people were more negative about his tactics, but I think that was the result of many things tho. he did suffer from his utd connection, but the concerns people had about him were very broad. let's not forget hughes was here for well over a year, many people gave him the benefit of the doubt many times before deciding they didn't like him. for people like me, he didn't inspire, he didn't give credit, and the team looked disorganised, a bunch of individuals. but it's very hard to pin down how and why. it's easier to pick on the tactics and say, that's why we aren't functioning as a team, when the truth is probably that because of communication and leadership behind the scenes the team didn't understand how to work together as a team.

it was down to the brand of football we were playing, his attitude when things went wrong, the way he dealt with problems and conflict, his unwillingness to risk anything by playing youngsters, his general style of communication.

mancini on the other hand is clear in his aims, upbeat, gives credit to everyone. I just feel like I would follow him, and to me, Richard's resurgence, Boyatta's brave displays, the fact we look very well organised, that people know their jobs, all these things suggest that he has a similar effect on the players.

Can't belive this. Mancini is a class act. Trust him, and enjoy the ride. The title of this post is an insult to him. Edit it you Twa*

I think Bobby is just finding his feet mate. He's looking for his own 'blend'.
I am impressed he can utilise the whole squad and still keep us competitive, and looking far more organised than MH.
I think he's told the owners that he can work with what he's got, with a few tweaks.
If we do OK, at the end of the season, he will get the opportunity to spend a few bob. He's on probation til then.
Personally, I think the change in the team has been quite marked, and don't forget the injuries and absentees he's had to deal with so far.

on a day of feeling suicidal and wanting to murderer all mouthy red scum I suddenly find my aggression focuses on the OP who's question may be apt in a few weeks time but to to ask it now tells me they are not a blue feeling what I am feeling. you attention seeking wanker!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.