Is Manuka honey worth paying extra for?

My Dad often tells me of his workmate Frank from the 70's. As was the practise he liked a fag - travelled in draughty works vans - watched City from the open air bit between the North Stand and the Kippax and got soaked...regularly but had a spoonful of honey every morning and never ever had a cold or a sore throat so maybe it does work.
It definitely does help to keep you healthy as do many other foods and drinks. Whiskey is good for colds, and I've been told more than once that distillery workers very rarely get colds or flu. My mother used to swear by table spoon of powdered mustard mixed into hot water for cold wet feet.

I smoke, I know it's detrimental to my health, and I've worked outdoors over 15 years in all weathers. I swear by taking Echinacea and good quality vitamin C and zinc tablets in winter. About 5 years ago I went almost 2 years without a cold but I made sure I ate properly, drank lots of water and got enough sleep. Anyone who doesn't eat a balanced diet is probably best taking vitamin and iron tablets.
And honey of course: )

My mother used to swear by table spoon of powdered mustard mixed into hot water for cold wet feet.

funny thing about all these "old wives tales" is that they have persisted because there is some basis in truth of their efficacy - its like proper chicken soup being " Jewish penicillin" where its been shown to be beneficial for colds. This shit wouldn't prevail if there wasn't some evidence that it worked to a degree.

I been buying that for 20 years. Here it used to be a fiver but now triple the price some places. Nice stuff, also has a lot of health benefits especially for inflammation

funny thing about all these "old wives tales" is that they have persisted because there is some basis in truth of their efficacy - its like proper chicken soup being " Jewish penicillin" where its been shown to be beneficial for colds. This shit wouldn't prevail if there wasn't some evidence that it worked to a degree.
Masturbation is fantastic at stopping heart disease
Well that's what I told the police

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.