Is Milner Overrated?

Milner was 16m not 26m. Ireland was finnished here and was worth nothing to us.

And gooney, you must be slough out of the goonies on crack.

He's good enough for England, good enough for PFA player of the year, good enough for Mancini.

He's good enough for us!

He had been ill in the week before Newcastle and it showed. Everybody else in midfield were crap but he had an excuse.

Certainly more consistent than the Irishman he replaced.

we got milner for 16.<br /><br />-- Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:58 pm --<br /><br />and hes always a consistent 8 out of 10

King Geedorah said:
gooney said:
that is absolute bollocks, maybe he wouldnt get in at arsenal cz ur gods blatent gift to football but hed get in chelseas, uniteds, liverpools
chelsea has mikael essien and lampard. He wouldnt get ahead of Mikael as they dont play in the same position, the other two are better than him. Fletcher and Scholes are better than him, Carrick and him is debateable, I think Carrick is the better footballer myself. He would get in the Liverpool team, but not the spurs team

Typical Arsenal fan.

Arsene Wenger is an extremely intelligent man, he plays the media and the fans with ease. Some how he has brain washed the entirety of your support. When you buy a player you buy everything; physicality, technique and mentality.

It's all well and good calling Robin Van Persie a bargain at whatever price you paid because he has fantastic technique and destroys the minnows. It's not all well and good when you consider how weak he is physically and his complete lack of bottle, compare him to Tevez or Drogba and he is sadly lacking when it comes to effect over the course of the season and in the big games.

The absolute opposite is James Milner. Sure he doesn't have breath taking technique and he's not emphatic against the minnows. He has so much more, constantly runs his heart out and gives the full backs a day off. Always available and ready to play any position. Then when it comes to the big games he shines, already made the assist for the opener against Liverpool and made the tackle that set up our break through against Chelsea (Would Arshain have made it?). All this out of position ffs!

You can have your colour coordinated fans, fancy football wankery and perennial bottling man-children. We'll take the piss ups, the wins and the men thank you very much.[/quote]
First of all comparing Arshavin to Millner is an insult to the lazy russian. sure he doesnt have the same work rate, but he can do things Millner can only dream about. And in a 4-3-3 they play both as a left attacker and lets see who scores and get more assists shall we?

Millner has 1 goal 3 assists. While arshavin has 5 goals and 6 assists. Also Arshavin is the player that has created most chances this season in the league.

I maintain what I said you over paid for Millner, he's a great squad player to have around as he can play in different positions and always give you 100%. But he's not great at anything and wont start for City with everyone fit

BlueGun said:
Tin hat on.

I just can't see how he is worth 26m.. We could have got a much better player for that price.

Discuss..
2nsmjd0.jpg

Jack of all trades master of none type of player.

He's a decent squad player to have but he really shouldn't be starting for us if we want to qualify for the CL this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.