Is Milner Overrated?

don't think he is worth what we paid but he ain't the only one. we do seem to have to pay over the top odds for players because people know we have the cash, plus we are going for other clubs best players and they ain't going to want to let go of them for cheap.

he hasn't been great yet but give him time.

give him a chance to settle, i think he is a great player and has done well, give him time?

Too slow, technically not great. Hopefully he'll be better when he moves into the middle.

He'll be a good squad member though, and has a great attitude and work ethic. Don't think he'll ever be a top player for us though.

When Mario comes back he will take Milner's current position and Milner would then battle it out with Barry and Yaya to get his preferred central midfielder position (and as a central midfielder, I rate him higher than Barry and think Mancini would do too, as he seems to prefer youth).

For 16 million we have purchased a player that is home grown, is going to be around for 8 years or more, is a professional with good work ethic, can only get better and can provide cover for practically every position in case of injury or change in tactics. If anything he is underrated.

Sepehr said:
When Mario comes back he will take Milner's current position and Milner would then battle it out with Barry and Yaya to get his preferred central midfielder position (and as a central midfielder, I rate him higher than Barry and think Mancini would do too, as he seems to prefer youth).

For 16 million we have purchased a player that is home grown, is going to be around for 8 years or more, is a professional with good work ethic, can only get better and can provide cover for practically every position in case of injury or change in tactics. If anything he is underrated.

So Stephen Ireland wasn't worth a penny?

BlueGun said:
So Stephen Ireland wasn't worth a penny?

Not the point I was trying to make, since I think he is a great player and did good things for the club while he was here and it was a shame that he couldn't continue it after his breakthrough season. As it was at the end of last season though, he wasn't getting any games and when he did get on the pitch, it didn't seem like he was motivated. Since then he has mentioned in his interviews that because he wasn't playing he didn't care about how the club was progressing or the results that were obtained.

So his poor attitude, poor performances and inflexibility regarding his position in the team, purchasing of players that could do what he did better, made him very much replaceable. By using him to get Milner, we got the added bonus of not having to cover his salary for the duration of his contract.

His debut against Liverpool was one of the best individual performances I've seen in a very long time. He battled, beat his man all game, his crossing was fantastic, and he ran his heart out.

Since then, he's been very dissapointing. He seems to look quite tired, maybe something to do with a change of training routine? Maybe he's carrying an injury or something that we don't know about.

When Balotelli comes back, I reckon we'll see him as a left attacker, with Milner/Yaya/Barry in the centre infront of De Jong. Should hopefully be an awesome team.

Alright I'll have a nibble, I cant help myself....

All this "he's overrated" bollocks....fuck me sideways, did you see the lad play last season? He is class. Once he is moved inside to the central midfield is when we will get the best out of him. Just like Villa did. Have look at the list of past winners, you dont win young player of the year by being overrated.

Fucking hell, only on Bluemoon....

TFC said:
Alright I'll have a nibble, I cant help myself....

All this "he's overrated" bollocks....fuck me sideways, did you see the lad play last season? He is class. Once he is moved inside to the central midfield is when we will get the best out of him. Just like Villa did. Have look at the list of past winners, you dont win young player of the year by being overrated.

Fucking hell, only on Bluemoon....

Probley the same people who said Tevez is overated this time last year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.