Is Money everything?

roy.or.r

I was recently arguing with 2 of my friends about how money is everything. I have always thought that and maybe still do now but my friends think otherwise. They actually don't care that much about money except the amount needed for survival.
Question is how can someone think money is not everything, especially when we are living in a capitalist world? You don't get anything now if you can't stump up a lot of dosh.
Any thoughts?

I was recently arguing with 2 of my friends about how money is everything. I have always thought that and maybe still do now but my friends think otherwise. They actually don't care that much about money except the amount needed for survival.
Question is how can someone think money is not everything, especially when we are living in a capitalist world? You don't get anything now if you can't stump up a lot of dosh.
Any thoughts?

Health, love, family and real friends ?

As Bob Dylan said 'money doesn't talk, it swears.' It's a powerful thing, some people have too much of it to ever know what to do with, others hardly have any and some people can never have enough.

What is undeniable is that the more you have the more options you have available to you in life. That isn't necessarily going to make someone happy though. Good health, self fulfilment, love, friendships, interests etc are all more likely to make someone happy but adding a reasonable amount of money to the mix can certainly make life easier.

Relationships are everything. I guess a lack of money can put a strain on them, but so can too much money.

But if my employer asks, then yes, money is everything. I don't accept the "money isn't everything" line if it comes from someone who's raking it in while trying to pay you as little as possible.

It pretty much is. house, bills, cars, holidays, raising a child, food, clothes. All require some level of having money.

*maybe not food. Could go to a food bank s’pose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.