Is Money everything?

I never used to think it was up until I got put on short term at work doing 1-3 days a week work. Now I'm struggling financially it's shit basically living from week to week.
I miss that small things getting a take away on a Saturday night and popping off to the shops to treat the kids...
I'm easily pleased in life, Once I've my rent, shopping, gas, electric, then I'm happy and anything after that is a bonus. I miss those times, Then again alot of people worse off left homeless and lost everything due to Covid so I can't be to upset over it, I've a roof over my head and food on the table that's the main thing.

Keep your head up mate and im sure your situation will improve in the future. Worrying about money is an awful stress, and you’re right it’s the little things that money buys, that a lot of us take for granted, which is important to me. Not having to check your bank balance regularly, or working out your weekly spend in case you can’t afford the essentials. That’s freedom.

I could buy a 11th generation jobbie Right Now next day delivery with 16 gig ram and a 1650 card and it could not give me any more pleasure than I already have. Yes.. it's SSD would boot in seconds of that I cannot digress but I don't mind waiting 7 minutes as it allows me time to make a nice Cappuccino latte from Tassino.com. As for gaming I can play most things with my T1050i so no mither. Main operandi is for Moon Walking, music and general surfing. Some photo editing which it does with total ease ...so why do i need to buy another one for 800 billies when I have little need ..also I j'adore Win 7 and hate the win 10.
For me, it's more about the potential technology has to put you in a bad mood. I spent 5 years using a laptop that was slowly dying and I finally thought fuck it and bought a new one. It was shit and had all sorts of niggly problems and I just put up with it for 6 months until I finally thought fuck it, I've clearly bought a dud, I'm selling it and buying a decent one. It was such a relief. I've noticed when I have to work on my shitty work laptop, it frequently puts me in a bad mood before the day's even begun.

I will never have 'savings' as I much prefer spending spare money on Holidays and days out, making memories.
Memories are the only thing we take out of this world, so fill them up whilst you have chance. The only real treasure on earth is in your heads and memories are better than diamonds:

Roll up and spend your last dime

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.