Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the club

gordondaviesmoustache said:
The overriding question is this:

Has Mancini earned the right to turn this round, based on what he has delivered before?

The answer surely has to be yes.

I think he has for most Blues. Brought us silverware for the first time in a generation. If ever a manager deserved some slack....

MC ID said:
Those that want to kick Mancini out so soon for being currently second in the league, take a trip to old trafford and stare at the place the banner used to be. Thanks to Mancini we have two trophies, instead of the fuck all for the preceeding decades. No team can win everything all the time, it's how we react to defeat that will define us. We will come back stronger, prepared to rip the league a new one but it takes time and astute transfers for that too happen (and it will happen, we are too rich for it not too).

Mancini deserves this season even if we win nothing. You would think City fans would know about patience but apparently too many of us have been spoilt. Like children who want everything now, the second things look hard you want to throw the man who gave us so much out.

Start to ask questions if we look bad next year, not next game.

I can't believe as a fan of this club for only 5 years I have to tell those who watched the team in division two to have some faith. How did you have it then if you can't find it now?

Great post.
I've seen some right shite in charge of City and Mancini is not one of them. 2 in 3 times his subs actually have an impact - which is pretty good for a manager.
These days, far too many City fans think football management is just like FIFA 13. It isn't.
Compare and contrast with Sour Alex at Old Trafford. He spent more than the any of the other managers in the league in each year and yet won bugger all till the FA Cup in his 4th season, the Cup winners cup in his 5th season and the league in his SEVENTH season.

Mancini has won us two major honours. The last (the league) gives him 2 more seasons at least for me.

Didsbury Dave said:
Is that really what he said?

Same old fucking bundle of trite sentences which when shoved together make a grand total of nothing. Same old lack of answers and lack of insight. I'm sick to the back teeth of this and that piece of turd of an 'interview' just sums him up. He's run out of ideas. He hasn't a clue what to do. My only surprise is that he hasn't followed it up with 'we have to work hard' as though this is some kind of master stroke panacea.

You could say that for any manager after any game. You know what they're going to say before they've said it.

Post-match interviews are never an indication of anything, they are pointless, and for the most part, are ignored.

Has Mancini earned the right to turn this round, based on what he has delivered before?

the answer is indeed yes but I'm still worried why he hasn't bought some width and addressed a problem that was glaringly obvious LAST season

Yes for me.

Only 6 points worse off than we were this time last season, only 2 points worse of on a like to like basis. Needs improvement but has earned a bit of patience and faith IMO.

Of course it has to be yes
Or do we swap him for someone who is 16 points behind in a 2 horse league

the problem bobby has,

is he doesnt see what everyone else does, bringing on lescott upfront was quite frankly an embaressment, tactically he is nowhere as astute as mourinho, fergie, pep etc

i agree he deserves more time, but hes had plenty of money and we shouldnt be 7 points behind at this stage.

Danielmanc said:

I think he has for most Blues. Brought us silverware for the first time in a generation. If ever a manager deserved some slack....

No manager is untouchable, especially given our owners, but to suggest, as others have, that we have reached the point of no return displays a complete lack of fairness and objectivity for what he achieved last season.

We were eight points behind with six games to go. For that he deserves to the end of this season at the very least.

BlueAnorak said:
Freestyler said:
The 'we won the league' line is bullshit, the strength of the team pulled him through.

I don't actually think the squad is that good. We over performed last season - and are performing at the level the players are actually at this season. It needs 4 very good players to take us to a level to compete in Europe - especially in midfield and on the flanks.

I'm not having that, we have the best squad in this League bar none, it's just not being motivated and is looking stale at the moment.

How on earth a team that sheds three goals at home to a weakened Barcodes side and three goals away to rock bottom Reading are seven points clear, God only knows?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.