Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the club

Blue Heaven said:
Here is Mancini after the match:

"We deserved to win this game. We had a lot of chances, we played well, but we didn't score. This is our problem, we don't score, we don't score enough goals to win the game. Last year, we scored one, two, three goals every game. Now when we have chances, we are too soft and this is not good. We are too soft in attack, too soft when we have chances, too soft when we shoot. Sometimes we don't shoot, we want to have one touch more. This is not good."

Same baloney as he has served up after every loss to a lesser squad that parks the bus against us. No Plan B, no width, no pace (inside or outside). He ran out of ideas some time ago, and there aren't any more forthcoming. He's done a great job here, but as Bob noted, he's taken us as far as he can. He certainly deserves to finish the season, but we'll have a new manager in the summer.
Is that really what he said?

Same old fucking bundle of trite sentences which when shoved together make a grand total of nothing. Same old lack of answers and lack of insight. I'm sick to the back teeth of this and that piece of turd of an 'interview' just sums him up. He's run out of ideas. He hasn't a clue what to do. My only surprise is that he hasn't followed it up with 'we have to work hard' as though this is some kind of master stroke panacea.

Is there anything he could have said other than "I quit" that wouldn't have had you outraged Dave?

For me, whether he is sacked tomorrow or stays another 10 years he's spot on. Our forwards have to get more clinical, like they were last year.

Didsbury Dave said:
Blue Heaven said:

"We deserved to win this game. We had a lot of chances, we played well, but we didn't score. This is our problem, we don't score, we don't score enough goals to win the game. Last year, we scored one, two, three goals every game. Now when we have chances, we are too soft and this is not good. We are too soft in attack, too soft when we have chances, too soft when we shoot. Sometimes we don't shoot, we want to have one touch more. This is not good."

Same baloney as he has served up after every loss to a lesser squad that parks the bus against us. No Plan B, no width, no pace (inside or outside). He ran out of ideas some time ago, and there aren't any more forthcoming. He's done a great job here, but as Bob noted, he's taken us as far as he can. He certainly deserves to finish the season, but we'll have a new manager in the summer.

Same old fucking bundle of trite sentences which when shoved together make a grand total of nothing. Same old lack of answers and lack of insight. I'm sick to the back teeth of this and that piece of turd of an 'interview' just sums him up. He's run out of ideas. He hasn't a clue what to do. My only surprise is that he hasn't followed it up with 'we have to work hard' as though this is some kind of master stroke panacea.
Post-match interviews are mandatory and for a manager who struggles with his English I am not sure what you expect

Didsbury Dave said:
Blue Heaven said:

And same old bollox from you, which incidentally will be the same old knee jerk bollox when you've got your wish and pep doesn't win one game.......FFS!!!

Petetheblu said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Blue Heaven said:

And same old bollox from you, which incidentally will be the same old knee jerk bollox when you've got your wish and pep doesn't win one game.......FFS!!!

DD will never be happy with the managers post match interview unless we get a manager who faces the camera and says "I was wrong and I now bow down to the superior knowledge of the great Didsbury Dave. He is not a mouthy arrogant muppet as many suspected, rather he is the font of all football knowledge"

Mancini might do it after the next match....doubt it though.

Freestyler said:
The 'we won the league' line is bullshit, the strength of the team pulled him through.

I don't actually think the squad is that good. We over performed last season - and are performing at the level the players are actually at this season. It needs 4 very good players to take us to a level to compete in Europe - especially in midfield and on the flanks.

moomba said:
Our forwards have to get more clinical, like they were last year.

I just don't think they are getting anywhere near the number of clear cut chances that they were though, that's what concerns me about our set-up.

Petetheblu said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Blue Heaven said:

It's increasingly looking like its not bollocks, though, isn't it? And an opinion I've expressed consistently for two and a half years can hardly be called 'knee jerk'.

I understand this is hurtful for some ;-)

Rammy Blue said:
moomba said:
Our forwards have to get more clinical, like they were last year.

I just don't think they are getting anywhere near the number of clear cut chances that they were though, that's what concerns me about our set-up.

I guess it's harder to measure clear cut opportunities rather than just scoring opportunities, but from what I've seen the forwards are much less clinical than they were last season. And from the stats I think there getting as many scoring chances (although the quality of chances is up for debate).

I suspect Kun isn't fit, Tevez and Dzeko are both badly out of form at the moment as far as scoring goes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.