Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the club

Re: Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the clubs

i♥city! said:
the goats backside said:
Jesus, 44 pages in 10 hours, doom and gloom bollocks. This is our 2nd year in this competition, 6 games against league winners, who the hell do people think they are on here at times, honest to god i despair at some of my fellow fans

Correct me if i am wrong but i thought we won the league some months back or was that a different title and if i'm right about us winning the league then doesn't that make us league winners also ? Here's our starting 11 against that of Ajax . Now tell me who should COMFORTABLY walk away with a win and who shouldn't .

CITY
J. Hart , M. Richards , V. Kompany , J. Lescott , G. Clichy , Y. Touré , G. Barry , J. Milner , S. Agüero ,S. Nasri , E. Dzeko , C. Tévez , S. Sinclair , A. Kolarov , M. Balotelli ,C. Pantilimon ,M. Nastasic ,G. Evans

Average age 26

AJAX
K. Vermeer , R. van Rhijn , T. Alderweireld , N. Moisander , D. Blind , C. Poulsen , L. Schöne , S. de Jong , T. Sana , R. Babel , C. Eriksen , M. Sulejmani , E. Enoh , D. Boerrigter , J. Cillessen , J. Veltman , M. Dijks , V. Fischer

Average age 22

I don't even want to talk about the cost of our squad as against theirs but lets just say Balotelli cost more than the entire Ajax squad.

While members here can criticize me for being too critical of Mancini , we must understand that when building a brand you have to be ambitious , You pick up a trophy , try to do it again next season while at the same time you aim for success in other competitions. This excuse of "He got us our first trophy" is getting boring now . We are at the top and yet some still think we are a fluke / mediocre team because we look clueless at the TOP .

Oh i see now, your a rag, and if your not you should be with arrogance as yours

This is just great, a knee jerk thread with a lot of knee jerk posts asking for the managers head. It's actually quite embarrassing.

We're in the toughest group ffs, and it was always going to be a big ask to top or even win this group against the more experienced campaigners.

One can only hope for much improved performances in the remaining games, but right now It's not looking good, not one fuck.

Asa Clubs said:
Some Man City fans have short memories (remember there were times last season when it was not going well for the good guys).

The knives are out unfairly after 1 defeat. Remember...

Allison spent a lot and won nothing.
Keegan spent a lot and won nothing.
Mancini spent a lot and won a lot.

Ferguson:
No trophies in his first 4 years.
Had to wait 4 years for his first trophy. That was 5 years since their Man Utd's last trophy.
Had to wait 13 years for the first champion's league trophy.
A legend at the club.

Mancini:
2 trophies in his first 3 years.
Waited just 18 months for his first trophy. That was 35 years since Man City's last trophy.
Delivered 2 champions league seasons for a club that had only participated in the European Cup once previously.
Jury is still out according to some 'dubious' fans.

All previous City managers:
Spent a lot and won nothing.

If I was a neutral (OK, maybe I am not) then I'd say everyone should vote 'Mancini' for the next election. He is a genius! Keep the faith!

While I agree with what your saying.
Some of your comparisons to previous city managers is bizzare.
"All previous city managers spent a lot and won nothing" is just not true.

At least someone seems to have faith.

Don't write off City yet, insists Real's Mourinho
Coach claims his team remains a threat
Published Thursday, October 25, 2012

Coach Jose Mourinho has said his Real Madrid are on course for the Champions League knock-out stages despite their 2-1 defeat at Dortmund, but warned Manchester City are still a danger in Group D.

Borussia Dortmund took the lead when Robert Lewandowski's first-half strike on Wednesday was cancelled out by Real's Cristiano Ronaldo before Germany defender Marcel Schmelzer hit the 64th-minute winner for the German champions.

Dortmund snatched top spot in the group from Real to lead with seven points leaving Madrid on six and Ajax on three following their 3-1 win over Manchester City, who are last with just a point.

But with three group games left, Mourinho insists the English champions can still roar back to win their next three games - home to Ajax, then Real, followed by a trip to Dortmund -- and remain a threat.

"Everyone knows this is a good group, some of the others are a joke, but this is a hard one," said Mourinho with Real set to face Dortmund again at Madrid's Santiago Bernabeu stadium in a fortnight.

the goats backside said:
i♥city! said:
the goats backside said:
Jesus, 44 pages in 10 hours, doom and gloom bollocks. This is our 2nd year in this competition, 6 games against league winners, who the hell do people think they are on here at times, honest to god i despair at some of my fellow fans

Correct me if i am wrong but i thought we won the league some months back or was that a different title and if i'm right about us winning the league then doesn't that make us league winners also ? Here's our starting 11 against that of Ajax . Now tell me who should COMFORTABLY walk away with a win and who shouldn't .

CITY
J. Hart , M. Richards , V. Kompany , J. Lescott , G. Clichy , Y. Touré , G. Barry , J. Milner , S. Agüero ,S. Nasri , E. Dzeko , C. Tévez , S. Sinclair , A. Kolarov , M. Balotelli ,C. Pantilimon ,M. Nastasic ,G. Evans

Average age 26

AJAX
K. Vermeer , R. van Rhijn , T. Alderweireld , N. Moisander , D. Blind , C. Poulsen , L. Schöne , S. de Jong , T. Sana , R. Babel , C. Eriksen , M. Sulejmani , E. Enoh , D. Boerrigter , J. Cillessen , J. Veltman , M. Dijks , V. Fischer

Average age 22

I don't even want to talk about the cost of our squad as against theirs but lets just say Balotelli cost more than the entire Ajax squad.

While members here can criticize me for being too critical of Mancini , we must understand that when building a brand you have to be ambitious , You pick up a trophy , try to do it again next season while at the same time you aim for success in other competitions. This excuse of "He got us our first trophy" is getting boring now . We are at the top and yet some still think we are a fluke / mediocre team because we look clueless at the TOP .

Oh i see now, your a rag, and if your not you should be with arrogance as yours

Sorry for sounding arrogant but that's the truth right there . They won the dutch league against teams like PSV eindohoven , Feyernood and some other teams i don't know , we won ours against teams like Arsenal , Chelsea , United , Tottenham , We have spent millions , they haven't . FYI RM defeated Ajax 4-1 away , the same place we lost 3-1 and i believe we have a better attack line (Aguero , Tevez , Dzeko) compared to RM (if you take away Ronaldo you only have Benzema and Higuain ) so tell me where the problem is coming from the players or Mancini's tactical failure in the CL

I will always love bobby for winning us the league and FA cup, however its the owners decision, not ours.

They want us to move forward, and continue to grow, expand the fan base etc.

We won't do that by being humiliated by the likes of Ajax.

Its going to be an interestign few days, particularly after the players speaking out ofter the game re tactics / preparation.

Rome was not built in a day! If you want proof, ask an Italian!

We'll be there sooner or later ...keep the faith....

kun1 said:
MANCINI OUT-MOURINHO IN(if available throw as much money on him to take him here) and with 1 or 2 quality players signing in the summer(one deep lying playmaker and one winger) u'll see how far we can get, maybe even win it. mourinho would give discipline in the team and he is the kind of manager that takes 100 per cent try from any of his players unlike mancini. before mancini fanboys say different (he won us a championship and an fa cup, we would have won a lot more with another manager believe me) just look at the players we have and look at what team we lost. ajax is not the team that used to be. we should beat teams like ajax easily home and away with that squad just like real madrid does. if mourinho is not available there are other managers that can do a better job than mancini. and to those saying i don't care if we progress in europe u are clueless. every big team must progress in europe.

Fucking go to bed

Consider his future at the club? 2 months into a season whilst currently champions and 2nd in the league?

Is it fuck

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.