Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the club

Re: Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the clubs

Im gonna stick my neck out here and probably get my head lopped off but I dont think we will win a single thing this season (CS aside). We look awful, im not even sure Mancini knows how we have one some games. I have a feeling we will be talking about the good times under bobby come the summer

Asa Clubs said:
Rome was not built in a day! If you want proof, ask an Italian!

We'll be there sooner or later ...keep the faith....

Im all for positive thinking mate, but this is taking the piss.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Im gonna stick my neck out here and probably get my head lopped off but I dont think we will win a single thing this season (CS aside). We look awful, im not even sure Mancini knows how we have one some games. I have a feeling we will be talking about the good times under bobby come the summer

+1
I made a post saying something similar to this .

Ntini77 said:
Only if we don't retain the title. Klopp is the one I'd go all out for if Mancini was to leave.

What is it with you people really?? When shit hits the fan you back your manager all the way, instead you come on a forum bitching about our manager and people showing his poor stats in the champions league. They guy is young and is learning and will get many more chances to try win this cup, and one day will deliver

Let’s get Klopp let’s get Jose, it’s boring lads

We are not good enough for champions league yet it’s simple, 3 years ago we wasn’t good enough for the top 4 in the premier and look at us now. We are moving in the right direction and times are good for MCFC

dref619 said:
Asa Clubs said:
Some Man City fans have short memories (remember there were times last season when it was not going well for the good guys).

The knives are out unfairly after 1 defeat. Remember...

Allison spent a lot and won nothing.
Keegan spent a lot and won nothing.
Mancini spent a lot and won a lot.

Ferguson:
No trophies in his first 4 years.
Had to wait 4 years for his first trophy. That was 5 years since their Man Utd's last trophy.
Had to wait 13 years for the first champion's league trophy.
A legend at the club.

Mancini:
2 trophies in his first 3 years.
Waited just 18 months for his first trophy. That was 35 years since Man City's last trophy.
Delivered 2 champions league seasons for a club that had only participated in the European Cup once previously.
Jury is still out according to some 'dubious' fans.

All previous City managers:
Spent a lot and won nothing.

If I was a neutral (OK, maybe I am not) then I'd say everyone should vote 'Mancini' for the next election. He is a genius! Keep the faith!

While I agree with what your saying.
Some of your comparisons to previous city managers is bizzare.
"All previous city managers spent a lot and won nothing" is just not true.

OK, technically you are correct.

But in living memory (i.e. since 1976) ... most Man City fans cannot name a manager who has won something (and let's face it we've had a few).

Some people are taking the Piss talking about Benitez as a possible replacement he was the manager who Balls it up big time when at Christmas they were on track on winning the league so what they won the champions. League do people forget they were 0-3 down with his inept tactics in the first place! Ask your self this would the scum Madrid or even Psg employ him as there manager?

sergiokun said:
Ntini77 said:
Only if we don't retain the title. Klopp is the one I'd go all out for if Mancini was to leave.

What is it with you people really?? When shit hits the fan you back your manager all the way, instead you come on a forum bitching about our manager and people showing his poor stats in the champions league. They guy is young and is learning and will get many more chances to try win this cup, and one day will deliver

Let’s get Klopp let’s get Jose, it’s boring lads

We are not good enough for champions league yet it’s simple, 3 years ago we wasn’t good enough for the top 4 in the premier and look at us now. We are moving in the right direction and times are good for MCFC

I am backing him. I just don't believe he'll be in charge come next season if we haven't retained the title. That's all.

Asa Clubs said:
dref619 said:
Asa Clubs said:
Some Man City fans have short memories (remember there were times last season when it was not going well for the good guys).

The knives are out unfairly after 1 defeat. Remember...

Allison spent a lot and won nothing.
Keegan spent a lot and won nothing.
Mancini spent a lot and won a lot.

Ferguson:
No trophies in his first 4 years.
Had to wait 4 years for his first trophy. That was 5 years since their Man Utd's last trophy.
Had to wait 13 years for the first champion's league trophy.
A legend at the club.

Mancini:
2 trophies in his first 3 years.
Waited just 18 months for his first trophy. That was 35 years since Man City's last trophy.
Delivered 2 champions league seasons for a club that had only participated in the European Cup once previously.
Jury is still out according to some 'dubious' fans.

All previous City managers:
Spent a lot and won nothing.

If I was a neutral (OK, maybe I am not) then I'd say everyone should vote 'Mancini' for the next election. He is a genius! Keep the faith!

While I agree with what your saying.
Some of your comparisons to previous city managers is bizzare.

OK, technically you are correct.

But in living memory (i.e. since 1976) ... most Man City fans cannot name a manager who has won something (and let's face it we've had a few).

Oh don't get me wrong, Mancinis the only city manager that's ever won a pot in my life, and I love the guy for it, and wouldn't swap him for any other manager I'm world football ATM.

But the city of now isn't even comparable to the city of the previous twenty years

I don't know if it's down to Mancini, the players or maybe even myself, but I just think we look so... oppressed, constipated... I keep on waiting for us to find that rhythm, that joyful flow we should be more than capable of with the squad we have.

What's stopping them I wonder?

with mancini in charge my gut feeling is that we wont suceed in europe, but that doesnt mean we should sack him. i still think we will win the prem this year.

slightly worried with his comments after last nights game mind.
"its my fault, i prepared badly for this game"

your the manager, you should be prepared for everygame and so should the players.

he has his faults (zonal marking and 3 at the back) but lets not get carried away. 12 years ago we were in the championship ffs, just look at us now!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.