Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the club

Re: Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the clubs

Bazzmand Show said:
I'm still of the opinion, that Pep Guardiola is the most logical choice, should Mancini get sacked.

Get him then - imagine how good your Fifa 13 will be.

The pathetic crybaby, kneejerk cowardly responses to this European disappointment are ridiculous - even for Bluemoon's resident jellyfish posters.

The thing is, we have no real barometer for previous success, we're still winging in, thankful for what we have got.

People say Bobby is the best manager we have had since Mercer, but that is hardly an endorsement is it?

Others will say changing the manager gets you nowhere, but outside of Ferguson at United, everybody changes their manager when and necessary.

I actually praise Abramovich for what he has done at Chelsea. He never settles for just good enough.

Despite all the upheavals, he has continued to keep them winning trophies and competitive.

I feel sorry for Mancini is the respect he is also paying the price for FFPR and our lousy co-efficient, but he remains on a hiding to nothing.

This squad needs a scalpel taking to it and I felt that after the title win.

We bought the players to get us into the top four, additions won us the league.

What I can't understand are those people who don't see that we can't stand still.

Soriano coming in to the club could change a lot of things and there is a Barca-like revolution going on behind the scenes.

I could see one on the pitch before much longer - if someone such as Guardiola is sounded out.

Yes we lost and played poorly once again,but some posts defy belief.Somebody advocating Benitez as a replacement? ha ha please......Mancini's a proven winner,league titles are the best barometer for a managers ability to get the best out of his team.Clearly he's struggled tactically in Europe,but so have other top coaches.
Maybe Mancini will get the push over poor European results ultimately.However while we still have a shot at qualifying ,two home games and a win in Germany,a very tall order,he should be backed by the supporters.

Matt the Giant said:
I don't know if it's down to Mancini, the players or maybe even myself, but I just think we look so... oppressed, constipated... I keep on waiting for us to find that rhythm, that joyful flow we should be more than capable of with the squad we have.

What's stopping them I wonder?

This is of course the billion dollar question. None of us know what is going on behind the scenes in terms of morale and relationships.

i heard an interesting perspective on ESPN Press Pass. The team were discussing the merits of Mancini and the consensus was that he lacked man management skills. Roberto is not a touchy feely Manager. He doesn't pat a player on the back and say well done when they are subbed. He comes across as a distant character and probably not one that the players would warm too. I can accept that people are different but sometimes I believe that it is important to make those small public gestures that show a player and the fans that a player is appreciated. I believe that Roberto needs to think about how he interacts with the players.

In regards to the beautiful play, other top teams improved their first 11 in the summer transfer window. In my view we didn't. The rags got RVP, Chelsea with Hazard, Arsenal with Cazorla and even Spurs with Vertonghen and Lloris. When we had our foot on the throats of the others we failed to kill them off, so they are back in the game. Mancini knows this and expressed his frustrations on numerous occasions during the summer transfer window. I don't blame Mancini for this. However I believe that the players are certainly aware of this. I recall interviews with Kun and David Silva where they commented on the expectations that the first 11 would be improved in the off season. The players would all be well aware of this.

Combine this with a disrupted off season thanks to the Euros, tactical errors from Roberto, players who appear jaded even at this stage, the hangover from winning the title (even Real Madrid started La Liga poorly) and other teams rising to the challenge of knocking off the champs, and you have a strange brew.

On the positive side I reckon we will forget the Champions League if we can win the title. We ARE still unbeaten in the Premiership. However our midfield is desperately thin if Yaya is in slo-mo and I believe that the January window is very important. We have to bolster the midfield ASAP.

If you have a title winning manager who comes to you with a list of targets including the likes of Thiago Silva, Hazard, Martinez, etc, and you choose to ignore him and give him the likes of Sinclair, Rodwell, Maicon, etc, then you take the consequences of ignoring his advice. Mancini wanted to move us on to the next level, and instead we've stood still. Big mistake.

jollylescott said:
Matt the Giant said:
I don't know if it's down to Mancini, the players or maybe even myself, but I just think we look so... oppressed, constipated... I keep on waiting for us to find that rhythm, that joyful flow we should be more than capable of with the squad we have.

What's stopping them I wonder?

This is of course the billion dollar question. None of us know what is going on behind the scenes in terms of morale and relationships.

i heard an interesting perspective on ESPN Press Pass. The team were discussing the merits of Mancini and the consensus was that he lacked man management skills. Roberto is not a touchy freely Manager. He doesn't pat a player on the back and say well done when they are subbed. He comes across as a distant character and probably not one that the players would too. I can accept that people are different but sometimes I believe that it is important to make those small public gestures that show a player and the fans that a player is appreciated. I believe that Roberto needs to think about how he interacts with the players.

In regards to the beautiful play, other top teams improved their first 11 in the summer transfer window. In my view we didn't. The rags got RVP, Chelsea with Hazard, Arsenal with Cazorla and even Spurs with Vertonghen and Lloris. When we had our foot on the throats of the others we failed to kill them off, so they are back in the game. Mancini knows this and expressed his frustrations on numerous occasions during the summer transfer window. I don't blame Mancini for this. However I believe that the players are certainly aware of this. I recall interviews with Kun and David Silva where they commented on the expectations that the first 11 would be improved in the off season. The players would all be well aware of this.

Combine this with a disrupted off season thanks to the Euros, tactical errors from Roberto, players who appear jaded even at this stage, the hangover from winning the title (even Real Madrid started La Liga poorly) and other teams rising to the challenge of knocking off the champs, and you have a strange brew.

all good points
On the positive side I reckon we will forget the Champions League if we can win the title. We ARE still unbeaten in the Premiership. However our midfield is desperately thin if Yaya is in slo-mo and I believe that the January window is very important. We have to bolster the midfield ASAP.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
The thing is, we have no real barometer for previous success, we're still winging in, thankful for what we have got.

People say Bobby is the best manager we have had since Mercer, but that is hardly an endorsement is it?

Others will say changing the manager gets you nowhere, but outside of Ferguson at United, everybody changes their manager when and necessary.

I actually praise Abramovich for what he has done at Chelsea. He never settles for just good enough.

Despite all the upheavals, he has continued to keep them winning trophies and competitive.

I feel sorry for Mancini is the respect he is also paying the price for FFPR and our lousy co-efficient, but he remains on a hiding to nothing.

This squad needs a scalpel taking to it and I felt that after the title win.

We bought the players to get us into the top four, additions won us the league.

What I can't understand are those people who don't see that we can't stand still.

Soriano coming in to the club could change a lot of things and there is a Barca-like revolution going on behind the scenes.

I could see one on the pitch before much longer - if someone such as Guardiola is sounded out.

Like this post. The stability = success argument has never convinced me. Sometimes it takes more insight to make a change when things are apparently going well.

With the champs lge what would we have to do to end up in pot 1? Would it be qualifying for x number of years, or would we need to be reaching the quarters, semis ?

I'd only consider a change if Guardiola, Mourinho or Klopp were available to come, otherwise no. But even as a Mancini sceptic, he has to stay in place for this season I'd have thought.

Have to agree with 3 of the 4 previous posts - we´ve stood still - players like Rodwell, Milner and Sinclair will never cut it at CL level. We lack intensity, awareness and composure from our DMs and we have no cover for Silva/Nasri

Anyone who thinks last night wasn´t a disaster is really putting a brave face on it. Malaga, yes fookin Malaga have full points, no goals conceded and all this with has beens like De Michelis, Joachin, Saviola and the motorway pile up of all signings, yes I give you, our once very own Roque Santa Cruz
Says it all really
Mancini is a DMW inho because I just can´t see the owners entrusting him with another CL campaign - I really can´t see it!! Even if we go on and do the double

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.