Is our club against capping away prices?

They probably average £45 and there are 3000 maximum but probably more like an average of 2000

19 x 2000 x £45.....£1.7m
19 x 2000 x £30.....£1.1m

£600,000.

I knew I was being overly generous but didn't expect the difference to be that big.

600,000 is almost a rounding error for a club with £350m revenue.

Disappointing but not surprising.

While we're all getting worked up about today's result and performance the PL summit meeting this week seems to have slipped under the radar.

At that meeting there was a proposal to end categorisation and cap prices of away tickets at £30. This was voted down and I'm ashamed to say it appears our club was one that voted against this. Some clubs in favour may still enter into reciprocral agreements to do this but we'll still be charged top whack wherever we go. I've posted n here about how the greed of clubs like Arsenal, Liverpool and the rags tilted the finabcial playing field in their favour but sadly it seems we've decided to throw our lot in with the 'Squeeze every penny out of them' gang.

Well fuck you Soriano.
Yeah, fuck soriano. After all he has done and all he has set up for us, how can you say that. We dont know the full story. Chill.

I knew I was being overly generous but didn't expect the difference to be that big.

600,000 is almost a rounding error for a club with £350m revenue.

Disappointing but not surprising.

It's even more disappointing when that £600,000 loss of revenue would be passed straight back into the pockets of some of our fans who have loyally followed us through thick and thin for many many years.

That is unless they plan to change the loyalty system which actually wouldn't surprise me with Pep on his way!

Was speaking to a Leicester fan before the game and he was charged £44 for the game at our place but £22 by Arsenal. Caught me off guard a bit. To hear that the club rejected a cap, if true (without disputing PB), is incredibly disappointing.

More prawn butty eaters at our place if what the guy who sits next to me was right in what he told me today,that our block is being turned into corporate soon

I'm no mathematician but I guess that to do this would only cost a top club a couple of million a season, but unfortunately most clubs don't care about supporters, hence the change to "customer numbers" replacing supporter numbers. I can see myself being priced out of away games in the near future, joining those who have already been so, not that I think the club care as my seat can be taken by some corporate or day tripper who can by a package for an extortionate price making the club more money. Meanwhile clubs will still waste tens of millions on extortionate transfer fees.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.