Is our scouting system crap?

You know about Gary Worthington ?
ex city top youth scout, Gary era (he caught Suarez, Rekik, Lopes, Ntcham, Pozo, Bossart, Samuelsen, Celina, Almeida..etc)

and he come up for City chief scout. wait and see.

Gary Worthington & Txiki begiristain pair such a good team.

and time will tell. we got a fucking awesome scout team & scout network.

Lombardo clearly is out of his depth and doesnt have a clue what hes doing. Id just say bring cassell back. I know our first team was much poorer back then but our reserve team were still consistently first in the table or thereabouts. Combined with scouts from Barca if Soranio and Txiki encourage some of their fellow ex employees to come here we'll be sorted.

Gary Worthington?
Has pretty low stats on FM :P

And yatesy the problem with our youth teams right now is that we have a lot of the lads playing in older age groups. There is talent there but it will just take a few years until we see it.

I can't see Cassell coming back though, I think the rumour was it was Hughes/Marwood who moved him to a desk job with a big title or got rid of him completely. Now Marwood has been moved to the academy I can't see him bringing Cassell back.

LoveCity said:
It has been pretty crap but with the arrival of Txiki Begiristain will improve a lot now, he is apparently improving our scouting network in South America and acquiring first refusal on some of the most promising kids there..

Good, because if Atletico can bring in the future Falcao's and Sergio's of this world, so can we.

yatesy94 said:
Lombardo clearly is out of his depth and doesnt have a clue what hes doing. Id just say bring cassell back. I know our first team was much poorer back then but our reserve team were still consistently first in the table or thereabouts. Combined with scouts from Barca if Soranio and Txiki encourage some of their fellow ex employees to come here we'll be sorted.

At youth level it isn't about winning every game and winning the league and cup but it is about bringing players through into the first team who have the quality to stay there.

Bring back Cassell?? Did an good job for the time but how many of the players he brought through would get into the team these days?

I don't know the ins and outs of the current system and personnel but I'd say yourself and most other people who have posted know very little themselves.

The frustrating thing is that even if we're supposed to be putting things right, it will take time to filter through. In the meantime, you're not telling me there aren't some under the radar talents that can be picked up in January. If we want a quick fix without paying through the nose for it, we should be doing our homework. Our season needs saving now.

CTID101 said:
The problem with our youth teams right now is that we have a lot of the lads playing in older age groups. There is talent there but it will just take a few years until we see it.

Exactly, we have had a 15 year old in Bossaerts playing CB in some under 21 games so far. A few of the main players are Pozo, Ntcham, Lopez etc and they are 16. Fast tracking these player may not be the best for the overall team position in the league but for their individual growth could, and hopefully will be, huge in their development. Time will tell but from the little I have seen there is a lot of potential within the youth system.

Pam said:
The frustrating thing is that even if we're supposed to be putting things right, it will take time to filter through. In the meantime, you're not telling me there aren't some under the radar talents that can be picked up in January. If we want a quick fix without paying through the nose for it, we should be doing our homework. Our season needs saving now.

Agree, but to find a gem who will make an immediate impact for little money isn't exactly the easiest thing in football. With the globalisation of football the 'under the radar' players who are guaranteed are few and far between.

joeCTID said:
Pam said:

Agree, but to find a gem who will make an immediate impact for little money isn't exactly the easiest thing in football. With the globalisation of football the 'under the radar' players who are guaranteed are few and far between.

Well either this or identify an established player in the premiership who is good in a shite team but would be excellent with better players around him. Denbir Ba comes to mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.