Is our squad stronger or weaker than last year?

What do you think?

• Total voters
I
This is going to be a very very tight season I imagine.. Very interested to see how Liverpool progress without Mane..
Getting Salah back to his best more of a worry to them.
Plus there is going to be one season when it all goes tits up on multiple injuries throughout the season for them surely.

Its the positions of where these players who`ve been sold play. Two wide attackers who both worked their bollocks off. Both as you say still young. Now we are forced to keep Mahrez in spite of him being 31 fortunately he is still scoring. Jack Grealish on the left doesn`t score enough as of yet, fingers cross his 2nd year he will score more. Absolutely agree with your assessment.
Do Foden and Alvarez not exist? Both rapid and also very keen to press the opposition

Brilliant quality really small on numbers so about the same but, factor in a World Cup and this season we might be weaker than last.

1 or 2 signings in the next three weeks may bring us level or even stronger than last year. Difficult to tell till then.

It's pretty funny that before getting Haaland, people said we would be dominant and champions for sure once we get him.
Now we get him, Alvarez, etc. and are questioning whether we are even weaker!

All those discussions, they're all opinions without any analysis/data to back them up!
But yeah, I get that. That's what a forum is for, after all.

It's pretty funny that before getting Haaland, people said we would be dominant and champions for sure once we get him.
Now we get him, Alvarez, etc. and are questioning whether we are even weaker!

All those discussions, they're all opinions without any analysis/data to back them up!
But yeah, I get that. That's what a forum is for, after all.
It’s the players we’ve let go that’s the issue, especially Gabby

I’d say a lot depends on the likes of the youngsters such as Cole Palmer (whose eventual ceiling will be higher than Sterling) and maybe Wilson Esbrand.

If they can become integrated as part of the first team squad and relied upon when required……I’d say first team better and squad strength about the same.

Bernardo leaving would obviously tilt it the other way.

Squad as a whole probably the same which seems crazy considering we have added the worlds best striker (imo) and an England international midfielder to replace 37 year old Fernandinho? The dippers only really signed Nunez of note so it was a chance going into a World Cup year to add some new top class talent, especially with the sales we have done? Alvarez certainly looks to have something about him but still no doubt going to take time to adjust so imo we need Bernardo to stay and get a left back and I’d love another wide option to really beef the squad up, especially now with the 5 sub rule.

One of the podcasts made an interesting point this week. For two or three seasons now the players we have have replaced this summer haven't been good enough at key points of the season, whether that is coming on to replaced injured players or particularly in FA cup semi finals where they've started. We won't know whether that will be true this season until we get to those bottleneck weeks in April and May, but that's our marker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.