Is our squad stronger or weaker than last year?

What do you think?

• Total voters
Brilliant quality really small on numbers so about the same but, factor in a World Cup and this season we might be weaker than last.

1 or 2 signings in the next three weeks may bring us level or even stronger than last year. Difficult to tell till then.
The Viking will enjoy a well-earned break during that World Cup. An advantage for us upon the return of PL.

The Viking will enjoy a well-earned break during that World Cup. An advantage for us upon the return of PL.
It's so hard to work out if the break will help or hinder the players not going. Likewise what a disappointing penalty shootout could do to returning players. It's such a wildcard.

Personally I think Haaland and Alvarez are better footballers technically than Sterling and Jesus so an upgrade but whether as effective in City's system we'll have to wait and see. Pep likes Phillips a lot so happy with him. Just need another LB and we'll be right. Hope Palmer gets more game time as Bernardo might go.

Impossible to say as Haaland, Alvarez and Phillips are new. Haaland is known quality so it depends on how well those 2 play and if Foden and Grealish can improve on last year.

I'm hoping the left back position gets sorted before the window closes as it's an obvious negative.

Stronger .We needed a striker and Haaland an Mbappe are the 2 best young strikers at this moment so to get 1 of them at that price is great business and then on top of that we might just have bagged a bargain with Alvarez.I like Zinchenko and if we were going to play him in midfield I would have happily kept him but he's not a defender for me I much preferred Ake when he steps in there so I don't think we are weaker for Zinchenko leaving .BUT we do need a natural left footed LB. Dinho sadly is finished at this level so a replacement was needed,I think Philips has looked good in the Premier so think he's a decent signing will be interesting to see if he can step up to the next level with the midfielders we already have I think he will at least be an important squad player . All in all I think its been a good transfer window but can be a great one if we can bring in a quality left back.

we won’t know until the transfer window closes but left back and centre half positions are worrying and if Bernardo goes we will be weaker, a few injuries and I can see Pep sacking all competitions off barring Leargue and CL

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.