Is Pep the greatest?

No matter how much certain members of the press, even the broadcasters in this country try and downplay what he's already achieved. People are still going to look back as this period as something truly special.

If whoever made these is on here, the centurions one was great. I think last seasons(fourmidables) could do with a bit more focus on some of the key moments this season though. Still a great watch all the same but just some suggestions.

I'd have put some of the annoyingly jammy ref and keeper mistakes for Liverpool in but I can understand if some wouldn't think it was necessary. However the Liverpool game at home part, should have shown Stone's clearance off the line and the last 5-10mins where the players decided to stick with what they've got, along with the fans getting behind that decision, as they put everything into defending it(a side of City we hadn't seen in a while that may have helped us). The 6-0 against Chelsea was missing and the Kompany rocket goal needed much more context and focus. KDB's injury and Bernardo Silva's impact could have got a mention too.

No question he’s the best coach that’s ever lived. Sticks to his principles of possession football and makes good players even better.
Pep plays the "game of position". Passes are designed to move the opposition around, thus creating gaps and chances. Tikka Takka is the ultimate possession game, and Pep hates it.because it is negative and lacks purpose.
Edit: Google "football game of position" and read the article on medium.com. My super duper new OS refuses to post links!

Last edited:
City have won over two seasons more points than any team in history including the greatest Barca team 09-11.

198 City (17-19) vs 195 Barca (09-11).

And we did it with KDB injured for most of the last season.

The return of 18 wins from 19 games is the best ever second half of a season across the big European leagues (with 38 games).

Pep is fantastic.

Best City Manager ever yes without doubt, all time I don't think you can make a watertight case for anyone, how can you compare him with someone like Herbert Chapman, Shankley, Clough or even Ferguson. Shankley and Ferguson built dynasty's that lasted decades Chapman and Clough brought league titles to clubs that with the exception of Arsenal haven't won one with anyone else, but I don't think you can say any of the other are better either and you are talking about, perhaps the four greatest managers within British football

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.