Is Pep the greatest?

100 wins in 134 games is just incredible, to do it playing the style of football we have been so privileged to watch, without a recognised left back for two seasons, while getting dicked over consistently by the officials/VAR makes it an even more incredible achievement.

Not the best yet, his Champions League record since leaving Barcelona is pretty crap.

Not the best yet, his Champions League record since leaving Barcelona is pretty crap.

Judging every club, manager and greatness on a cash cow, sham trophy is why football is so stupid.

Many great managers will have never won it while dominating in their own leagues for a period.

Uefa have sold everyone this myth that it is the be all and end all, when in reality it is a knock out comp where the actual league champion around europe rarely even win it in favour of runners up who shouldn't even be in it.

Last edited:
Best manager ever for us, without a doubt.

Best manager ever? Not yet, if he stays with us and rebuilds the team and we go on to titles and the Champions League , he will in my opinion be one of the greatest if not the greatest.

The best is obviously Pep Guardiola. He must be. After all this is City's biggest forum and I'm a bitter Berti with my biased blue tinted specs on. Oh hang on, he's only been here 4 seasons. Great manager, our greatest and most successful. We're witnessing fantastic football, the most beautiful football I've ever seen. Many records broken in the EPL and a clean domestic sweep last season. Only time will tell if he is to supercede the trophy haul of a certain Scotsman though...

The best domestic manager in the history of football is Fergie IMHO.

He wrestled the trophies from the grasp of Glasgow powerhouses Celtic and Rangers, winning three league titles, four Scottish Cups, one Scottish League Cup, the Cup Winners Cup and UEFA Super Cup. All this in 8 seasons whilst managing Aberdeen.

Then he went to the rags in 86 and was unsuccessful till '90. Perceived as a failure, his managerial epitaph was(allegedly) already typed out by the press who had inside info on him getting 'sacked in the morning'. Up popped Mark bastard Robins with a very late looping header at Forest, 3rd round FA cup game in '90. And the rest is 'istry as they say, Robins definitely saved Fergie's bacon that day, and they went on to win the cup. And us blues old enough to remember that goal, know how much pain and suffering we've endured whilst he was in charge at the swamp: (

His trophy haul speaks for itself. The squads he's evolved and the youth players that have come through the ranks to have very successful careers under his tenure is there in the football history books. Whether you agree he's the best or not is your opinion. My opinion is as above.

He won it twice at Barcelona and in the past 10 years 7 managers have won it. Only two have won it more than twice, he is one of them.

In terms of impact he has had on the game, I think he is in the top 3 managers of all time.

The best is obviously Pep Guardiola. He must be. After all this is City's biggest forum and I'm a bitter Berti with my biased blue tinted specs on. Oh hang on, he's only been here 4 seasons. Great manager, our greatest and most successful. We're witnessing fantastic football, the most beautiful football I've ever seen. Many records broken in the EPL and a clean domestic sweep last season. Only time will tell if he is to supercede the trophy haul of a certain Scotsman though...

The best domestic manager in the history of football is Fergie IMHO.

He wrestled the trophies from the grasp of Glasgow powerhouses Celtic and Rangers, winning three league titles, four Scottish Cups, one Scottish League Cup, the Cup Winners Cup and UEFA Super Cup. All this in 8 seasons whilst managing Aberdeen.

Then he went to the rags in 86 and was unsuccessful till '90. Perceived as a failure, his managerial epitaph was(allegedly) already typed out by the press who had inside info on him getting 'sacked in the morning'. Up popped Mark bastard Robins with a very late looping header at Forest, 3rd round FA cup game in '90. And the rest is 'istry as they say, Robins definitely saved Fergie's bacon that day, and they went on to win the cup. And us blues old enough to remember that goal, know how much pain and suffering we've endured whilst he was in charge at the swamp: (

His trophy haul speaks for itself. The squads he's evolved and the youth players that have come through the ranks to have very successful careers under his tenure is there in the football history books. Whether you agree he's the best or not is your opinion. My opinion is as above.

I remember the game as it was shown on telly, but the Robbins goal was neither late nor a looping header - I couldn't belive it when he ended up playing for City either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.