Is Robbie telling us the truth?

I notice people weren't saying this in the first half of the season, when he was banging them in for fun. Its plain to see that he's suffering from a lack of confidence, as he showed against Sunderland. Lets get behind him and show him he's right in what he's said about City's fans and support him.

He'll turn it around, he's to good not to.

Blue2112 said:
I honestly don't think he's completely happy here at City. For whatever reason and I have no idea whether it's the club in general, the City of Manchetser itslef compared to madrid etc, the lifestyle, the manager, his fellow teammates or something else altogether but I'm just not fully convinced he has settled. It's as if he has to keep commenting on being here to prove it.

I could be wrong of course but I'd be surprised if he's still with us after next season.

Couldn't it just be the inordinate amount of pressure he's under from the fans, media, etc...

Berbatov has been far more of a failure, for example, than Robbie, and yet the media aren't questioning his desire and commitment.

For me, it's a real sad indictment of City fans that we have allowed the media to brainwash us into thinking Robbie doesn't want to be here...

Every single week his commitment is questioned both on messageboards and in the newspapers. Could it just be that he's not good enough to turn it on week in and week out when in a decidedly average team at times...

As I said earlier, selling him would be pointless and counterproductive. Obviously there will be big changes at City in the summer, with top class players coming in, so surely Robbie will have a better chance of shining with better players around him...

It seems pretty obvious to me .. there is no 1 player makes a team no matter how talented not over a season in a league as competitive as the prem it just does not happen the brazil squad are a much more complete team than we are at the moment, so it is understandable that better players play better with better players, its obvious the key for our future is not to be selling the players of his quality but to add players to our team of the same quality, and if were honest barr a few there is plenty of room for improvement, if we let him go its a backwards step ,swapping him for ribbery heny etc makes no sense, we want those players as well as robbie thats moving the team forward .. my two penneth anyway

BillyShears said:
Blue2112 said:
I honestly don't think he's completely happy here at City. For whatever reason and I have no idea whether it's the club in general, the City of Manchetser itslef compared to madrid etc, the lifestyle, the manager, his fellow teammates or something else altogether but I'm just not fully convinced he has settled. It's as if he has to keep commenting on being here to prove it.

I could be wrong of course but I'd be surprised if he's still with us after next season.

Couldn't it just be the inordinate amount of pressure he's under from the fans, media, etc...

Berbatov has been far more of a failure, for example, than Robbie, and yet the media aren't questioning his desire and commitment.

For me, it's a real sad indictment of City fans that we have allowed the media to brainwash us into thinking Robbie doesn't want to be here...

Every single week his commitment is questioned both on messageboards and in the newspapers. Could it just be that he's not good enough to turn it on week in and week out when in a decidedly average team at times...

As I said earlier, selling him would be pointless and counterproductive. Obviously there will be big changes at City in the summer, with top class players coming in, so surely Robbie will have a better chance of shining with better players around him...

Firstly I honestly don't think he's been under that much pressure from the fans of this club, certainly not publicly whilst he's been playing. I'll accept he's had critiscism from fans on a message board but I doubt that he has that much time on his hands to sit down and let that worry him presuming he's even remotely aware of this or any other board anyway.

Secondly as for pressure from the media I suspect every single footballer worldwide of a similar standing is under the same pressure and I would argue in many other cases other players get more. He will have to learn to live with that if he wants to maintain his pedigree of a world class footballer.

Thirdly yes they're are other players like Berbatov who are struggling but they've also not brought undue attention upon themselves to create any added pressure. Robinho if he wants to become the worlds best player which is something he himself has said then he needs to keep off the front pages for nightclub fiascos and leaving training to fly back to Brazil and let his feet do the talking on the pitch.

Finally I'm not for one minute slagging the player off with the above points, he has immense talent and needs to channel it the correct way. He has dazzled us on numerous occasions and equally has frustrated us. I just happen to think he won't be around after next season. I don't read newspapers and so I am not swayed or brainwashed by their agendas and I'm not saying we should consider selling him. Like I said he is an individual of great footballing talent that I believe has not yet found whatever it takes to produce his best consistently and his body language, regular comments and certain performances bear that out- in my opinion of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.