Is Rodri better than Yaya ?

lol remember not too long ago bluemoaners gave rodri the honor of “ffs “? “he’s shit ,,, he’s slow ,,, not fit for this team , not a pep player …
now we are comparing him with the legend .
What a time to be alive .

Last edited:
He started as a holding midfielder, just like Rodri, THEN moved further forward.
Hang on.

If Touré played as a 6, 8 and !0 was was excellent at all those positions, why would you ask who was better, as a comparison, with a player that hasn't played in all those positions also?

This is exactly why people are saying 'different positions'.

Hang on.

If Touré played as a 6, 8 and !0 was was excellent at all those positions, why would you ask who was better, as a comparison, with a player that hasn't played in all those positions also?

This is exactly why people are saying 'different positions'.
Blimey mate you don't have to over complicate it

Yaya had more technical ability but Rodri is the closest we’ve had since. Just lacks the engine but on par with everything else. Slightly better passer maybe, but then Yaya was a better dribbler. Not much to separate

In Rodri's role, Rodri is way better, yes.

Playing further forward, we don't know as Rodri hasn't done it enough. That said, he's finding ways to win games for us from deep too.

Yaya only really had one great season playing further forward, which I don't think anyone, not even Rodri, could match. But there were plenty of times when Fern carried him and did the hard work of 2 players.

We coped without Yaya. When Rodri doesn't play..... well, that's a different story.

Well, "coping without" is dependent on the members of the team around that missing player to have equal ability to whomever you're matching up.i.e., you would have to have like-for-like comparisons for that measure.

It's a false premise to work out from.

Very different in many ways, I think it's ok to say they are both great players (well YaYa was) in all honesty I would not have given you 2 pence for Rodri in his first season (shows how much I know) but now for me he is first name on the team sheet and the best DM in the world and as a midfield player he's simply brilliant has no faults and no equal..

Blimey mate you don't have to over complicate it

Not really.

If you're asking who's the better DM, that's different to asking who's the better AM, which Rodrigo hasn't really ever played, when Touré's played that in his tenure as a "player".

You DO have to be specific in this type of question.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.