Is Rodri better than Yaya ?

Every single thing seems to be an either or these days. Twitter is full of it. Saka or Foden, Haaland or prime Agüero, which of these wingers is overrated, Salah or Suarez.

It bored the life out of me on Twitter because it’s merely a popularity contest.

Like you say, Yaya and Rodri are different players. If we had Fernandinho in the team, I’d rather have Yaya. If we don’t have Fernandinho, I’d take Rodri.

They are typical football bloke fun discussions, that we would normally have regularly over a pint in a pub with mates. They just happen to be on social media which has a wider net.

Fans are always going to ask those questions, no harm in it :)

Absolutely. This one in particular I quite like and it did make me think. There's probably a bit of recency bias, and the way yaya left can cloud things. But fuck me was he a damn fine player and a joy to watch. And instrumental to our success.

As is Rodri too.

he can do everything from dribbling past defenders on the edge of opposition box to intercepting a pass in our box which he did numerous times last night I fucking love the bloke

Yaya possibly had more individual brilliance than Rodri but does Rodri have slightly more consistency than Yaya - it feels a bit harsh calling Yaya inconsistent to be honest as Im not sure he was....

I think Rodri is more of a leader off the pitch and possibly on it as well.

Yaya had more attacking ability than Rodri but conversely Rodri is way better defensively.

Id say they are both equal in terms of influence.

Rodri controls and dictates games (like David Silva did)

Yaya just use to grab them by the scruff of the neck and say Im going to win this one on my own at times

Rodri does everything from breaking up the opposition play to orchestrating how we move along scoring important goals. Plus from what I have seen he is invaluable in the dressing room. So when comparing yaya Rodri is top class.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.