Is Rodri better than Yaya ?

I don't think we can compare both players as they played different roles in the team.

I loved Yaya, I know all the social media twats along with Sly Sports keep on going on about Gerrard v Lampard v Scholes...The realistic part is Yaya is better than all three of them as he had everything that all those three players had combined and more.

As for the Rodri v Yaya "debate" the only thing you could say is if we had Yaya last season and being without Rodri we wouldn't have won a treble imo, Having said that it's a case of if my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle.

Would you have Yaya ahead of KDB?

I'm not saying you're wrong by the way just a genuine question. I'm actually curious to see how many people would have Yaya at No.1.

Unbelievable player.
No as KDB has done it for ten years. In raw talent terms Yaya had was on fire for 4 years. Rodri and Yaya and Sergio have got THE goals in THE games. It's so difficult as we have been so blessed.

Would you have Yaya ahead of KDB?

I'm not saying you're wrong by the way just a genuine question. I'm actually curious to see how many people would have Yaya at No.1.

Unbelievable player.
Definitely,KDB and Rodri are brilliant players but Yaya was just so consistent and always made the difference in the massive games,number one for me

I am making room for both and a few other half decent midfielders we have
/had In last 8 years In this team. With only 2 CB’s reckon we would still win against any team with this lineup.

GK - Hart

CB - Kompany
CB - Dias

M - Fernandinho
M - Rodri
M - Y Toure
M - D Silva
M - KDB
M - Foden

CF - Haaland
CF - Aguero

As others have said, you can't compare them. The only thing they had in common was that they were both 2 of the best players I've ever seen in their positions.

Yaya was an absolute beast of a player - fast, great dribbler, two footed, scored penalties, free kicks and could knock a worldy in from outside the box. He scored some ENORMOUS goals for us (United in the semi, 2 v Newcastle away, Sunderland in the cup, and Stoke in the cup. No Yaya = we wouldn't be where we are now.

Rodri is completely different (apart from the big goals). He controls the game with 'simple passes' and controls the tempo of the game. His game isn't dribbling, free kicks etc but he reads it like no other player I've seen and defensively he's much stronger than Yaya.

I think of them as parts of a car - Yaya is a turbo who will turn any game when he wants. Rodri is the oil and makes sure it ticks over so the turbo can kick in when needed :)

I would've loved to have seen both players play for us in midfield, without question we'd win THE LOT with these two.

I am making room for both and a few other half decent midfielders we have
/had In last 8 years In this team. With only 2 CB’s reckon we would still win against any team with this lineup.

GK - Hart

CB - Kompany
CB - Dias

M - Fernandinho
M - Rodri
M - Y Toure
M - D Silva
M - KDB
M - Foden

CF - Haaland
CF - Aguero

I would leave out dias for another midfielder mate, bit negative that team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.