Is social media ruining football ?

Yes social media is a cesspool across all walks of life.
Seems a platform for bullies, people wouldnt dare say the things they write down from behide a screen. Having said that I have noticed a few brave souls shout abuse from across the road at me, when wearing my City colours.

I dont do the press/media, been having some fun with the comments section on the bbc, but bored with that now !.

I dont have tweeter, Facebook, or anything else. I do bluemoon, City website and WhatsApp only. Life is much better.

Constant click baiting tweets creating divide in fan bases whether it's against the owners, manager and certain players.
always a tidal wave of outrage after every defeat or even when a line up is announced.
More and more fans going to matches just for their social media profile, selfies sticks and selfies everywhere, filming themselves for their tik tok accounts.
More Arsenal fan tv type of streams now for all clubs.

I still love football but all the above has put me off somewhat in recent years and feel more disconnect with my fanbase and football in general, maybe early signs of approaching FOC territory.
It’s ruining society as a whole, football is just a very small part of its pernicious reach ..!

i dont have facebook, had it for a couple of weeks and the shite people post,pictures of their fucking cat,or what they are having for tea, does my head in when ive been out for sunday dinner and the mrs has to post a picture of her fucking glass of wine,these cunts havent got a life so have to post any old bollox to make them look windswept and interesting.

i have instagram, it got set up for me, i "follow" my daughter(who set it up) and her fucking gerbils hahaha, i follow a couple of lads from work who post funny stuff( i hate smut and violence
i dont have twitter/x

the only social media i go on is bluemoon ( is youtube classed as social media ?)

i dont have facebook, had it for a couple of weeks and the shite people post,pictures of their fucking cat,or what they are having for tea, does my head in when ive been out for sunday dinner and the mrs has to post a picture of her fucking glass of wine,these cunts havent got a life so have to post any old bollox to make them look windswept and interesting.

i have instagram, it got set up for me, i "follow" my daughter(who set it up) and her fucking gerbils hahaha, i follow a couple of lads from work who post funny stuff( i hate smut and violence
i dont have twitter/x

the only social media i go on is bluemoon ( is youtube classed as social media ?)
Got shut ages ago due to all the above sad twat 40 year old doing selfies ffs

I mean are you really having the so called time of your life if your worried about shoving it on social media ?????

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.