Is something wrong?

abcd1234 said:
John.des said:
Motivation, desire clearly lacking.

Go for the second goal vs Sunderland with the same way we were going for the our 2nd goal at 2-1 down.

Sunderland needed to score two goal yestrday for our players start go for the game really.

Remember Wigan game? For 60 minutes until it was 2-0 down we hardly had shot on target. After that we had many, had cances being missed from 2metres from line, scored goal etc.

We were comfortable at 1-0 up yesterday. Even if we knew our defenders could concede from any small chance as our defending is so bad and so open. We were lucky OShea was missing clear header left alone by Kompany 2-3 times.

Once Sunderland scored two, our players started to go for it even if it was only 6 minutes. We nearly turned it back to 3-2 right? In 6 minutes.

Play that 6 minutes at 1-0 and we are 3-0 up probably and then we maybe take the foot off the fucking gas.

Mentality. Desire. These things are not just words. Just as important as tactics.

Exactly what I'm saying.

Barcon said:
Is this some kind of joke?

Don't understand your response, care to elaborate? If you're confused as to why I support us, I would be happy to explain.

I'm not confused about you and don't care why you support us. Calling us mercenaries is a bit fucking strange. And as far as you'r comment re: buying players, I really don't know what to say about that. I assumed it was some kind of joke. I can't believe I had to explain that to be honest.

Apologies, I had meant to highlight your first two sentences.

abcd1234 said:
Barcon said:
I'm not confused about you and don't care why you support us. Calling us mercenaries is a bit fucking strange. And as far as you'r comment re: buying players, I really don't know what to say about that. I assumed it was some kind of joke. I can't believe I had to explain that to be honest.

I'm not calling us mercenaries. I'm accusing our players of acting like mercenaries. That's a very different thing. I know how this word is slung around by those who slag us. I'm not using it in that way. I'm critiquing from the inside.

The fact of the matter is, we came upon money and won because of that. Nobody debates that. It's not a criticism in itself. Just because I'm using the same vocabulary doesn't mean I'm making the same critiques. Context is important.

You have to just accept that a few will be stung by it bud, i agree if someone pointed to Sunderland at home no blue can defend that really.
Even if we had no manager, these are not young boys who all want to be up front, these are seasoned pro's now.
You allude to it yourself though your choice of phrase was putting you on thin ice regarding accusations tbf, just one of those things bud really.

Ahh man i am gutted, i admit it, we let our destiny go out of our own hands, unforgivable.
No skirting around it, it is what it is, fucking gutted tbh.

abcd1234 said:
Barcon said:

I'm not calling us mercenaries. I'm accusing our players of acting like mercenaries because I don't believe they have the fight in them, at least not now. That's a very different thing. I know how this word is slung around by those who slag us. I'm not using it in that way. I'm critiquing from the inside. I'm saying that, somehow, they need to find the fight.

The fact of the matter is, we came upon money and won because of that. Nobody debates that. It's not a criticism in itself. It's just a fact. Just because I'm using the same vocabulary doesn't mean I'm making the same critiques. Context is important.

Let me make this very clear: There's lots of debate on this forum about player x, y or z not performing. This week it's Vinny. Last week it was Yaya. Last year it was Nasri. You get the point. I think this debate is largely dumb, because these are excellent individual players. The problem is getting them to play together.

Listen mate, I am not one of these people that are on here talking about our players not performing. I simply asked you if you were joking when you said this, "Like it or not, there is a mercenary curse. If you buy players, you will have to motivate them to perform". That's it, very simple. I don't want an explanation, you were obviously serious and therefore I'm out. Enjoy your day.

Just saw Barcon quote someone saying "mercinary curse".

Ok i can sort that easily, a few players joined us on massive wages but half thinking they were still doing us a favour.

Now we are at the top table and players no longer have such leverage against us.
At least no more than any other top club.
We have the framework to have young top players and old now join more for the chance of winning shit, the huge pay packet is incidental to them.

For a drunk dude i am doing alright tonight :D

abcd1234 said:
Barcon said:
Listen mate, I am not one of these people that are on here talking about our players not performing. I simply asked you if you were joking when you said this, "Like it or not, there is a mercenary curse. If you buy players, you will have to motivate them to perform". That's it, very simple. I don't want an explanation, you were obviously serious and therefore I'm out. Enjoy your day.

I get what you're saying, and I agree with TCIB. It was not the right word to use.

Fair enough mate, I'm in a pissy mood so I'll fuck off.

We're 2-0 down at half time in the bearpit that was Anfield on Sunday.

Our go to player in big games Yaya has hobbled off injured and our goalscoring hero Sergio is nowhere near match fit

Somehow we find it in us to stick to our game and find a way back into it.

Whether we won or lost from 2-2 is irrelevant, the fact we got it back to 2-2 shows immense spirit and mental strength.

Nothing to do with what anybody may or may not be paid

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.