Is St David Moyes Now A Bad Manager?

Firthy

Hes had money to spend (like Hughes) and plenty of time (unlike Hughes).
Is he now a bad manager? When does your stock decrease as a manager?

He's got a poor squad that to be fair he's over achieved with the last couple of years. At the moment though he's without his best players, Arteta, Jagielka and I hate to say it, Chuckle two who has a huge influence on that side.Add to that the loss of Lescott and you can see why they're struggling

Not a bad manager, but made an awful hash of things in the summer.

I suspect he hasn't got long left for that job, and his departure might be the best thing for both parties.

Like NQT says, done well with limited resources and made a good profit on Lescott. Couldn't be expected to keep competing for ever without large amounts of money to spend and it looks like something that has run its course. Not a City manager for me either, maybe turn up next somewehre like Newcastle or Blackburn.

They have had a lot of injuries but I wonder if that's a result of something they are doing wrong in training.

Some managers just seem to run out of ideas or lose the ability to motivate their players after a few seasons (like KK or Peter Reid). I did post on here the other day that I thought he might have had enough of seeing teams like us, Spurs, Sunderland, Villa all having money to spend and go past them.

Tony Pulis is the new David Moyes.

He's had one or 2 bad seasons before, the second he leaves Everton though they'll sink back to their normal regular mid-table/bottom half strugglers role.

And a poor 3rd of a season doesn't make you a bad manager after several seasons of great achievment, that would be ludicrous thinking.

They'll get a few playes back and bounce back after Christmas, finish comfortably mid-table imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.